What Tablet Are You Using, and Are You Happy?

Thanks for all of the input. I went ahead and got the Shield. Any recommended anti-glare screen? And do you all use it in a case or bare?

Android sucks. It does not have all that functions that Ipad has. Using Ipad mini 3. No overheat. No lags. No jerky picture. Everything is smooth and SHE talks to me!!! Dump android if you want to fly pro.

Reactions: Dave Ward
Android sucks. It does not have all that functions that Ipad has. Using Ipad mini 3. No overheat. No lags. No jerky picture. Everything is smooth and SHE talks to me!!! Dump android if you want to fly pro.

Right . . . Anyone else with an answer to my question?

I am getting lag in the video feed with mine, any tips or anything you are doing in the settings? I am on 1.1.9, I just updated the app this morning but haven't had a chance to try it since I updated the pilot app
I'm on 1.1.9 as well. I literally have nothing on my Shield but the pilot app, and it's updated to the latest Android version that was pushed out a couple weeks ago. It's also not in a case and I don't have a sunshade or screen protector.

Reactions: Allezdada
I'm on 1.1.9 as well. I literally have nothing on my Shield but the pilot app, and it's updated to the latest Android version that was pushed out a couple weeks ago. It's also not in a case and I don't have a sunshade or screen protector.
Thanks, I am still on KitKat, maybe thats the problem, I will try downloading that…so you deleted all the apps that came on the Shield? How did you do that?

Thanks, I am still on KitKat, maybe thats the problem, I will try downloading that…so you deleted all the apps that came on the Shield? How did you do that?
Nah, just didn't install any new ones.

I'm using the Nexus 7 (2013) and am very happy with it.
It's a Goldilocks solution .. not too expensive, not too big, it seems just about right.

I have the same tablet. Have you had any video issues with any of the app's other then the DJI Pilot app?

I have a Nexus 7 ll as well. Bought used for £75 on ebay. The pilot app crashes consistently at about eight minutes. The image is hard to see outside, even with a sunshade. The app only crashes when flying, not on the ground with video on, so it seems related in some way to flight controls.

I have ordered a Chuwi V 10HD Dual Boot 10.1" from China. It might not end up being used for the purpose, it is quite heavy at 450g we but it is an interesting machine anyway and will give a comparison .

I have the same tablet. Have you had any video issues with any of the app's other then the DJI Pilot app?
So far I've only used it for the Pilot app.
It has crashed (?) a couple of times but hasn't caused any problems other than losing the flight record. Always pops up right away.

Hmm I've been using my iPhone 6 Plus and want to go bigger but all this talk about lag and crashes on tablets is making me think twice because the 6 Plus runs flawless. Might just stick with it

Reactions: tvckz
Currently I'm using my Samsung Note Edge, which works pretty well. Interested in something larger, but I know for instance that people are having problems with the Galaxy S 8.4. Wanted to see what is actually working well in a tablet.
Nvidia Shield 8". Works great for me on the P3p and on the Inspire. Glad I went Android. Seems to be better supported by DJI and SDK programmers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers