What sucks

Reaction score
You know it sucks, I have a vision + on order and my first thoughts are what did DJI **** up on this new model?
Is it gonna fly away ? Fall out of the sky ? Flip over ?
Wouldn't be nice if they got it right the first time ? **** they can't even get their updates right!
But like a true addict I can't wait to get it. I really need a intervention ..

I too have a P2V+ on order and have wondered the very same thing after the debacle of the original P2V launch and problems. Hopefully there should not be too many problems as the platform is basically the same. What I am so angry about at the moment is the new updated app 1.0.39 which is crippling the P2V video and to which I have complained to DJI very angrily.

All we can do is hope they have not rushed this out into the market too quick, but given the short time between the P2V and the plus, we all may be a little nervous on these first flights.

:?

Mori55 said:
You know it sucks, I have a vision + on order and my first thoughts are what did DJI **** up on this new model?
Wouldn't be nice if they got it right the first time ? **** they can't even get their updates right!

I think you may hit the trifecta. If may do all three of those! First it will flip, then fall out of the sky for you to dust it off and take off again only for it to fly away! Bang! Zoom! It's gone! :eek: :shock: Followed by sad face :?

If you like to be an early adopter, go for it. Though if you'd like to err on the safe side, better to let other people "beta test" the new Phantom for at least a month or two before pulling the trigger on it. I wouldn't expect any major problems though to be honest considering it's still technically just a P2 / P2V copter with a different camera on it. Nothing else has really changed in it, if you don't count the new fly safe "feature".

BenDronePilot said:
Mori55 said:

I think you may hit the trifecta. If may do all three of those! First it will flip, then fall out of the sky for you to dust it off and take off again only for it to fly away! Bang! Zoom! It's gone! :eek: :shock: Followed by sad face :?

If you like to be an early adopter, go for it. Though if you'd like to err on the safe side, better to let other people "beta test" the new Phantom for at least a month or two before pulling the trigger on it. I wouldn't expect any major problems though to be honest considering it's still technically just a P2 / P2V copter with a different camera on it. Nothing else has really changed in it, if you don't count the new fly safe "feature".
Sounds like everyone is paranoid,, flyaway, crashing, or maybe it flys as stated,, perfect? Talk to your drone, be kind, Calibrate on every home base position, It will fly perfect.

"considering it's still technically just a P2 / P2V copter with a different camera on it"

Except that the camera is the same - but in a gimbel this time.
With a better camera this could beat $10000 copters

Meta4 said:
"considering it's still technically just a P2 / P2V copter with a different camera on it"

I agree. On top of that a longer flight time.

Meta4 said:

"Beat $10000 copters" In what way? Maybe in flight time for some of those larger copters, depending how many batteries you put on them. The only way a Phantom 2 beats an expensive copter platform is simply that it's less expensive and gets good flight times out of the box. Otherwise it is not quite as stable a platform as larger more expensive quads when it comes to flying in heavier or more turbulent winds. It also wont have as much flight speed as a large very expensive quad so you wont be able to fly out as far and get back safely in the event it has to fight strong winds. Also the camera platform a Phantom 2 can carry is no where near the capabilities or quality of the larger DSLR cameras a more expensive larger platform can carry. So please.. tell me which ways you feel the P2 can beat another quad copter that even remotely approaches the $10,000 mark?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic