What software do I need to view the videos?

Reaction score
Just returned home from my first day of flying my phantom 4. When I inserted the card into my computer I was able to view the photos just fine but when I clicked on the videos it says windows media player could not recognize the file. What program do I need in order to view the videos?

Thanks, that did the job of at least getting me able to view it. Haven't used quick time in years so a few new questions with regards to it. When the video comes up...it is HUGE, so big I have to scroll over 3x to find the minimize/maximize bar on the upper right to get the screen to fit my computer. When I hit play the video then does not move along smoothly but ratchets or jumps every few seconds. My computer is not that old but using windows 7. Is the problem that I shot the video in too high of settings or something else? Is there a way to make this play smoothly?

Thanks, that did the job of at least getting me able to view it. Haven't used quick time in years so a few new questions with regards to it. When the video comes up...it is HUGE, so big I have to scroll over 3x to find the minimize/maximize bar on the upper right to get the screen to fit my computer. When I hit play the video then does not move along smoothly but ratchets or jumps every few seconds. My computer is not that old but using windows 7. Is the problem that I shot the video in too high of settings or something else? Is there a way to make this play smoothly?
Are you playing it directly from the SD card? If so, please do not do that. Copy it to your hard drive first. Oh, and don't be online either.

As far as the huge size, what is your screen resolution set to? If you try to play a 4K file on a 1080P monitor, what do you expect? VLC is a good player too.

Made a copy and still doing the lag. I'm new to working with 4K so perhaps it is my monitor, will try to figure out what the setting is on it.

When downloading my images and videos is it acceptable to remove the card from the drone, put in the larger dummy card and place into a computer or do you need to leave the card in the drone, plug the drone to the computer and transfer this way? Curious if it matters?

Last edited:
When downloading my images and videos is it acceptable to remove the card from the drone, put in the larger dummy card and place into a computer or do you need to leave the card in the drone, plug the drone to the computer and transfer this way? Curious if it mattes?
Please do not use the Drone as a Flash card reader.Use the SD Card interface plugged into your computer instead.

Reactions: Opfor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl