What should I do?

Reaction score
So I'm getting my refurbished P3S pretty soon and I want to know: What is the first thing I should do one once it's out of the box? I'm just asking for your personal opinion.

Read the Phantom manual. Then, follow the steps in the Quick Start Guide to set it up.

Reactions: SamNetwork
And before that just charge the stuff and after the reading have fun!
And before having fun, beware the trees. They are out there... just waiting patiently for your Phantom ;)

Reactions: Storm
Yeah I'm really looking forward to that!
As you should and you will! Wanted to fly so bad, just went out with sun at it highest, 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Soaked with sweat, blinding light, couldn't see bird or screen, got about 5 mins in. Oh well, i'll wait till late afternoon and try again. Enjoy it when ya get it.

As you should and you will! Wanted to fly so bad, just went out with sun at it highest, 90 degrees and 80% humidity. Soaked with sweat, blinding light, couldn't see bird or screen, got about 5 mins in. Oh well, i'll wait till late afternoon and try again. Enjoy it when ya get it.
Yeah, I hate it when you can't see anything. :p

Yes, Read the Phantom manual, then re-read it. Set the height limit to 120 meters, FAA max. If you're new to flying a drone you could set it to beginners mode, not necessary, just an option. It limits how far you can go, which is kind of short really. Make sure you do a compass cal. and a IMU cal. before your first flight. And when you do, make sure the RTH is set as the failsafe mode if the RC signal is lost. Most importantly, make sure the RTH height is set to something higher than any trees or building that might be near. Have mine set to 50m.

Reactions: Jani Kankaanpää
Before you fly, scout the area your going to be flying in. VERY IMPORTANT. keep a close eye on power wires, they are invisible! My first flight was down a dry wash bed away from people and buildings. I was flyng at about 50 to 75 feet up. I had noticed heavy duty power lines running down the right side of the wash and they were pretty high up. Much higher then residential lines. So I was basiclly flying about the same height as them. When I got home and reviewed the video, I noticed I had flown just above another set of lines criss crossing the wash. They were much lower then the other lines. I had no idea they were there. Close call and good lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic