What should I do?

Reaction score
I have been out today for a quick fly around with a brand new battery that I brought the other day & charged this morning for the first time. Upon getting bacvk & loading my stats into healthy drone I have found I have errors in cell 1 of the battery as the screen grab will show you.

Is this serious & something I should be worried about?
Battery info.jpg

Thanks for any help/advice with this.

What do the cells look like in the DJI GO app after you charge the battery?

up to you but personally it would worry me to much to use it
Yes me to, last thing you need is a faulty battery from new, it obviously isn't going to last too well from that starting point. Just be easier if the local shop would exchange rather than the hassle of sending back to DJI.

The deviation for cell 1 is less than a 10th of a volt. Most li-pos have to go through a few cycles (5+) to achieve maximum performance & this was the pack's first time out. Personally I'd give it another cycle or two while keeping a close eye on cell 1.

I have been out today for a quick fly around with a brand new battery that I brought the other day & charged this morning for the first time. Upon getting bacvk & loading my stats into healthy drone I have found I have errors in cell 1 of the battery as the screen grab will show you.

Is this serious & something I should be worried about?
View attachment 38614
Thanks for any help/advice with this.

Reactions: Oso
After it's charged, check out the cells in this section of DJI GO:

enableshowvoltagesetting-png.20220

Each cell should be showing a very similar voltage. Since the battery is brand new, I would expect the voltage to be identical in each cell.

Each cell should be showing a very similar voltage. Since the battery is brand new, I would expect the voltage to be identical in each cell.

Ok will check once its fully charged up again.

Here is a pic of the battery info from the app, strangely its also saying the number of times it has bee charged is 0!
app batt.jpg

It has to charge at least certain amount or it doesn't count the charge as a cycle. ie If you top off from 80% to full it won't count. Is this your cell reading after you recharged? Cell 1 is looking suspicious if this is fully charged.

Here is a pic of the battery info from the app, strangely its also saying the number of times it has bee charged is 0!
View attachment 38623

It has to charge at least certain amount or it doesn't count the charge as a cycle. ie If you top off from 80% to full it won't count. Is this your cell reading after you recharged? Cell 1 is looking suspicious if this is fully charged.

Yes this is straight after a full recharge

my second battery was same as yours glyn, after flying and charging 3 times cell one settled down and now all the cells are fine. I have done about 15 flights with the battery with no more problems.

Reactions: ukglyn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20