What should I check?

Reaction score
im not 100% sure so ill need to do more testing, but im not convinced my p4 is hovering in one place as well as it once did or should,

What can i look for and check ?

Thanks

p.s its not asking me to calibrate either compass or imus

At what height is the hovering in question? If near the ground, this may be a good time to experiment with calibrating the VPS using the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC/Mac..

At what height is the hovering in question? If near the ground, this may be a good time to experiment with calibrating the VPS using the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC/Mac..

That's a good shout actually I've only really noticed it at 6-8 feet mind you I did try point of interest the other day and when the camera was fully down it looked like it was moving around but then I guess it could be the wind. Damm in need a mega calm day to test with.

Have you had any hard, however slight, landings? You could always check the IMU calibration.

Have you had any hard, however slight, landings? You could always check the IMU calibration.

I don't think so, when you say check the IMU calibration do you mean look at the values?

Yes. I don't know the values off the top of my head but, a search on the forum should give you those. Otherwise, you could go through the IMU calibration itself, in the Go app.

Yes. I don't know the values off the top of my head but, a search on the forum should give you those. Otherwise, you could go through the IMU calibration itself, in the Go app.

This was my values on my living room carpet floor

IMG_0895.PNG

This was my values on my living room carpet floor

View attachment 82318
Those values seem a bit high compared to my post calibration numbers .002 or .003. Also, when Accelerometer 1 and 2 have great difference in value from one another, it often tells me a calibration is needed. Screen shot your current settings then perform IMU and compass calibrations. Be sure the aircraft is on VERY level surface for the best possible IMU calibration, it makes a huge difference !!!! I execute IMU and compass calibration if I find hovering issues or tracking issues after launch. I do this more often than I expected to with the P4 but it is well worth the few minutes of time. There's many factors that can screw with the compass and IMU, so always check this preflight. You'll soon recognize which values are good enough for stable and true flight (Lower values are good).

Last edited:
That's a good shout actually I've only really noticed it at 6-8 feet mind you I did try point of interest the other day and when the camera was fully down it looked like it was moving around but then I guess it could be the wind. Damm in need a mega calm day to test with.
The common cause of this question is people hovering at low level over a surface that doesn't have a definite pattern or texture for the VPS to lock onto. (grass or concrete are common examples)
Put your Phantom up higher than VPS range and see how it goes.

The common cause of this question is people hovering at low level over a surface that doesn't have a definite pattern or texture for the VPS to lock onto. (grass or concrete are common examples)
Put your Phantom up higher than VPS range and see how it goes.

a IMU calibration on a 100% perfect level suface and a compass calibration seemed to sort her right out :), quick test and she was like a tripod again .. :)

Mine was "Yo-Yoing" the other day so I guess this would be a good check for me to perform?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1