What do you recommend?
Any good place in Europe to buy them?

bompaholm said:
What kind of Phantom should one buy?

I am new to this so please advice.
Mostly to take photos and fly around.

What do you recommend?
Any good place in Europe to buy them?
Depends on your budget, I'm surprised no one has replied sooner.
I have a P2V , if I was starting again with foresight I would get a P2 with 3D gimble.

May I suggest doing some research on the the ways you'd like to "play" with your quad? I could have saved a few hundred bucks if someone would have ask me that. :) Here's how I think this hobby is divided:
- Photography
- FPV w/ goggles
- dunno but I have to own one!

Photography
Get one with a gimbal, plain and simple. The steady shot is a must and cannot be accomplished with a fixed mounted unit.

FPV w/ Goggles
Plan on building your own for the best results but not required. The FPV experience is truly amazing. Check out the Blackout multirotors athttp://minihquad.com. Mini H Quad is the hottest model in the hobby. This is probably where the true hobbyist will end up.

Dunno but I have to own one!
This is where I fall. I didn't know why I wanted it but I had to have one. If this is you may I recommend sticking with brands like Hubsan, Blade and Walkera ready-to fly(RTF)? They're relatively popular, cheap and come with their own transmitter. You'll find FPV AND photography at this level. Just don't expect HD quality.

Yep, here are the factors IMO.

- Best for budget = P1
- Best for flight time = P2
- Gimbal support = P1 or P2
- Built-in FPV = FC40 (no gimbal, no tilt) or P2V (no gimbal, with tilt) or P2V+ (built-in gimbal, with tilt)
- Easiness to install a gimbal and FPV = P2 + Zenmuse + AVL58 + iOSD Mini + FPV Hub
- Most expensive = P2 + Zenmuse + GoPro + LightBridge

Gimbal = 2/3 axis stabilization = stable/smooth photos/video.
P1 = Phantom 1
P2 = Phantom 2 (2.8GHz Edition aka Non-Vision)
P2V = Phantom 2 Vison
P2V+ = Phantom 2 Vision+ (latest model)

Thank you

One question ...
Can I see from an Iphone or other device where the dji phantom is flying?

bompaholm said:
Thank you

One question ...
Can I see from an Iphone or other device where the dji phantom is flying?

that's a really simple question that would be answered by the most basic shopping research if you look into the products at all... my point is don't just rely on random online forum people you might feel better doing your own research as well... to answer your question the "Phantom 2 Vision" models do indeed do live streaming to iOS devices.

If you don't want to get into the technical aspects of flight and video streaming it sounds like the Vision or Vision+ models are for you. they fly and stream to iOS right out of the box, boom done.

The regular Phantom 2 models you have to get your own camera (almost always a gopro), gimbal, and doing FPV like you want is quite a bit more challenging and does NOT stream to iOS devices. look into FPV kits more and you'll understand. there's often soldering and other technical work involved in that route.

Or if your are on a tight budget you can buy a Phatom 1. And ebay gimbal will set you back about $100 and a good go pro alternAtive is the SJ4000, a Faux pro as I like to call it. You can have one for about $120. You will need a fair amount of tech skills to assemble this set up though.
And one major set back of this camera is you can't record to it while flying FPV.

Ozzyguy said:
Or if your are on a tight budget you can buy a Phatom 1. And ebay gimbal will set you back about $100 and a good go pro alternAtive is the SJ4000, a Faux pro as I like to call it. You can have one for about $120. You will need a fair amount of tech skills to assemble this set up though.
And one major set back of this camera is you can't record to it while flying FPV.

Hey Ozzyguy, congratulations on the 36,000th General Discussion post!

Woohoo. You can of coarse record FPV if you monitor is a DVR or you can attach a DVR. I meant the Faux pro(SJ4000) is not capable of recording to its memory while providing video out. I believe it stated in the review I posted.

What about a dual mount using dc40 for fpv, and the knockoff to record on a gimbal?

Ive had my phantom 1.1.1 for about a month,and so far the only thing i can complain about is battery life.Fixed it by buying a dual battery mount on ebay for about 15$.as far as gimbals i have bought two of the ebay/goodluckbuy one,and both have been returned for not working.

What I plan on doing with my Phantom FC40 is upgrading to a Go-Pro (or similar knockoff) and continuing to use the FC40 camera as FPV and recording video with the Go-Pro on a 2 axis gimble. Won't be seeeing exactly what I'm filming, but will have a decent idea.

I don't know, is there a reason I won't be able to do this?

I also upgraded the battery to a 2700mA (now I have a spare) and also bought the flytrex module <--- that is pretty cool!

I want to run both fc40 camera and SJ4000 on a Walkera gimbal.

I found this combo online for $190.24 for the cam/gimbal....

I'll hang the FC40 cam off the battery door. And throttle up for takeoffs like the ground had become molten!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl