What sensors are used in Atti mode?

Reaction score
So, I've been flying rc aircraft for several years now. Been flying a P3A for a little over a month now with good success and have no problems flying in Atti mode. As I understand it, in Atti mode, the IMU is used to maintain flight attitude using the gyros and accelerometers and altitude is maintained using the barometer. So, no gps unless rth is activated and gps signal is available. My question is what about the compass? Is the compass in play in Atti mode? The reason I'm asking is if I get a compass error or suspect a compass problem, am I safe to fly manually in Atti mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, I've been flying rc aircraft for several years now. Been flying a P3A for a little over a month now with good success and have no problems flying in Atti mode. As I understand it, in Atti mode, the IMU is used to maintain flight attitude using the gyros and accelerometers and altitude is maintained using the barometer. So, no gps unless rth is activated and gps signal is available. My question is what about the compass? Is the compass in play in Atti mode? The reason I'm asking is if I get a compass error or suspect a compass problem, am I safe to fly manually in Atti mode?
Atti uses everything except GPS.

So, if my compass is messed up or having problems, even Atti mode won't necessarily get me back safely?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan