What SD Card do you use?

Reaction score
I have been flying a Phantom for 3 years now with no problem regarding photos and videos. I also got a Q500+ about a year ago followed quickly by another gimbal to take the GoPro Hero4 Silver. Now the GoPro doesn't like my basic card and I was wondering what others use, in what camera and the results they get. I didn't give much thought to the more expensive cards until I got the 'sd error' come up. Maybe I can improve the editing quality. Thanks guys.

sandisc extreme class 10 i think...64 gig....

i pulled it from my gopro hero 4 that has not been used in 13 months.....what a waste that thing was

I'd rather have four 16g cards than one 64g. I do a lot of long-range and feet-wet flying so I swap out cards after every flight in order to save footage if my Phantom were to go down.

I have a bunch of Sandisk Class10 cards, mostly 16g and 32g and keep them in a pouch with two compartments, blank and used.

I've had no issues with Sandisk cards.

I keep two 64g cards in a separate pocket of my backpack because I've been known to forget my SD card pouch on occasion.

I'd rather have four 16g cards than one 64g. I do a lot of long-range and feet-wet flying so I swap out cards after every flight in order to save footage if my Phantom were to go down.

I agree. But I use mostly 32gb cards - I have three that I swap out after about every two flights, plus a 16gb card if I ever should need it. I use the class 10 cards that I buy when I see them on sale somewhere.

This is what I'm flying with. I have my videos set to record in 1080 @ 60fps. Though the P4 is capable of recording in 4k, my MacBook laptop has an issue because it's a bit older. But don't be fooled, 1080 60fps is beautifully smooth and crisp.

F14C7BDE-ACEC-4994-8CB9-30254985DDE3_zps7tf88xxf.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Pegasus2
I always shoot in 4k. 1080 is certainly crisp, but I'm thinking more about archive quality for future hardware.

I wish the picture of your SD card was a little larger, though.

Reactions: Pegasus2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik