What rotor blades should I buy

Driffill said:
I'm thinking about buying a few sets of 3-blade props, can anyone tell me what I'd need to do to get them to fit the phantom motors?

. . . Sorry if it seams a basic question!

I would like to upgraded to anti gravity's, but money is a little tight for now!

With both stock motors and the anti gravity with stock prop shafts you will most likely need to use a prop reamer to get the prop to 8mm. Or find someone that makes them in 8mm also probably best to get some nylock nuts to keep them on as I find them much better then the lock nuts that come with the Phantom. I did a quick test flight lasted about 30 seconds before the rain started using the 8040 three blades. And from my few initial flights it seems the phantom is not as stable with these. I think this could be because it is quite a soft blade in those and even more flex then the DJI 8 inch props. I still need to try them out a bit more as the weather hasnt been playing nice, the wind died down for a bit today but it got replaced by rain so no flying in that.

It is likely that the 9050 three blades may be too much prop for the standard motors as its equivalent to flying a 1040 prop apparently. My tiger motors have no issues with these props and dont feel the slightest bit warm after thrashing around on a 12 minute flight but this could be a different story with the stock motors. I upgraded my motors because one of my stocks had a bearing go early after a small crash and went with the mt-2216 kv900 because they were close spec to the stock motors but also have a round 5mm shaft making trying different props easier.

Here is one of my earlier flights flying LOS very late with the 9050 motors after a proper balance on the props, some wobble at speed from either the anti jello mount or the props flexing but overall pretty smooth. They go great and give me a couple minutes more fly time at higher performance so it looks like my goto props atm but still need some more testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4yjxr9MN8U[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31