What resolution do you record with?

Reaction score
I have a gopro hero 3 black edition and I like to create videos with music of my favorite artists. I usually just post the videos I create on facebook for my friends to see to try and avoid any copyright infringement issues. I typically shoot my video using 1080p at 60fps in case I want to use any slo-mo scenes. I have multiple editing softwares such as adobe creative suites cs6 master collection that I use on my imac but most regularly stick with final cut pro x because I am most familiar with it. I've noticed that once I've uploaded the video to facebook a lot of the quality is lost..

What resolution do you use for recording? I want the highest quality resolution. What about protune? I've never used this . Any suggestions , comments, snide remarks? Thanks for your input.

If you're familiar with editing in Adobe or Final Cut, then turn the ProTune on. It removes GoPro's yucky colour presets in the video and gives you a much flatter colour pallet to work with. You'll also get a title more detail in the video with the ProTune on.

HeliRy said:
If you're familiar with editing in Adobe or Final Cut, then turn the ProTune on. It removes GoPro's yucky colour presets in the video and gives you a much flatter colour pallet to work with. You'll also get a title more detail in the video with the ProTune on.

Okay... so I still shoot in 1080p at 60fps but with protune on? So I won't need to edit down the resolution for it to play on facebook or youtube? one more question... when I save the project in final cut, I typically save it as "apple devices 1080p", is this my best option?

Yes, always shoot with ProTune on if you are comfortable with video editing yourself.

As for the resolution. If you're main goal is uploading to YouTube or Facebook or whatever, might as well render the final project at 1080 @ 30 fps. None of these sites can display frame rates higher than 30 and will use their own codecs and compression to alter your video. Odds are you can do a better job rendering it for social media than their sites can. I know Adobe has render setting for YouTube and Vimeo, I bet Apple does too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4