What radio channel do you use?

Reaction score
Do you use automatic or manually pick a channel? How do you optimize your signal strength?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453093160.483035.jpg

I use custom setting and check at the site the best channel having min interference.
I usually keep it at channel number 20 but check at site. So far that has given good results at my site.

You will have wider range if you have 30 channels.

Reactions: jimerb
The thing I don't like about specifying a channel instead of leaving it on auto, is that then I have to specify a bitrate instead of it automatically selecting the best quality bitrate available.

Always channel 20. I have an advanced so the bit rate is always low. I also fly with windsurfers. No problems.

Reactions: jimerb
I use custom setting and check at the site the best channel having min interference.
I usually keep it at channel number 20 but check at site. So far that has given good results at my site.

You will have wider range if you have 30 channels.
Great info, I will try that. I assume you look at the site for a channel that is consistently green and then use it? 20 just happens to be working well?

How did you get 30 channels? I thought that was a hack when I read it and I was afraid it would go away after a typical upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1