What r u getting back when sending P3P in for warranty?

Reaction score
Just wondering how DJI has been handling cracked shell warranty issues.

Are they sending back a refurbished unit or your original bird with a new shell ?
Do they require you to send it in the original box and are they sending your original box back?

TIA

Just got my p3a back. Sent it in for cracks on the lower shell. Came back n the original box with the original top shell (had my N number stickers still on). Also still had the same gimbal (checked the serial #). However, I had to relink the controller and the landing gear had scratches that weren't there when I sent it in which makes me think that they just switched the upper shell and gimbal on a bird someone else had returned for whatever reason. Bird checks out ok - stable and full signals out to ranges over 1100 meters, so I'm not complaining.

Reactions: Nickster
Just got my p3a back. Sent it in for cracks on the lower shell. Came back n the original box with the original top shell (had my N number stickers still on). Also still had the same gimbal (checked the serial #). However, I had to relink the controller and the landing gear had scratches that weren't there when I sent it in which makes me think that they just switched the upper shell and gimbal on a bird someone else had returned for whatever reason. Bird checks out ok - stable and full signals out to ranges over 1100 meters, so I'm not complaining.

Thank you for sharing Richard, appreciate your response and glad the repaired bird is yours and flying well :)

I'm leary to start the warranty process for my cracked bottom shell as my bird is flying extremely well after rolling back to v2.83 of the android Go app!

In the last 20 or so flights I haven't had a single error or issue of ANY kind! Maxx is flying like a dream, don't really understand why the change though?
Don't get me wrong it's always flown good but not great. Now it's great, which is a step change and I don't know why or how to replicate it again :)

Just one example is bringing the bird home. I try to time a nice quick decent right to my catch spot. When I do it lately Maxx comes in to six feet high, six feet in front of me and plants itself there, a beautiful feeling and sight. As where before I could bring it in, but not as smoothly, then once hovering it might hold position for a second or two before slowly wandering or doing a dance all over the place (VPS normally on).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj