What props are you guys using

Reaction score
Yeah, I busted a few already. There are so many different kinds for this model. Some I have read on are either not the original but they claim they are. I have already ordered the original replacement but have been also looking at some of those carbon fiber ones. Any of you guys had any luck with them and which ones did you buy?

Any DJI brand props are okay to use. Don't use any other brand.

A set of DJI 9450, and a set of OXOXO 9450. I use most the DJI's but the OXOXO are fine.

Hi phantom, I ordered some of those carbon ones just to see what they are like. As far as I am concerned you get a bad set of blades that are original just like a knock off pair too. I am a senior HVAC/ REFH tech and we only use factory parts. It would blow your mind how many times we order parts and they are defected or just total chet. In other words if a milling or mold machine just gets a half of a hair off they can make ten thousand of them before they catch the misalignment and fix it. They still sell them defective cus it's al about profit. ;)

hey_moe said:
Hi phantom, I ordered some of those carbon ones just to see what they are like. As far as I am concerned you get a bad set of blades that are original just like a knock off pair too. I am a senior HVAC/ REFH tech and we only use factory parts. It would blow your mind how many times we order parts and they are defected or just total chet. In other words if a milling or mold machine just gets a half of a hair off they can make ten thousand of them before they catch the misalignment and fix it. They still sell them defective cus it's al about profit. ;)

It's not necessarily about being defective even, the carbon ones do not flex like the stock ones, they stay rigid. Some say this contributes to VRS (getting caught in its own vortex while descending, then losing control). Like others have said, the stock blades are fine, the newer 9450 props even better.

Again, you may use them and suffer no issues what-so-ever, but you asked a question that has been asked many times before on here and got the same answer too :)

The stock props are especially designed / selected to match best with the motor and the bird; so always stick with them!
Btw carbon props suck anyway; they are more vunerable and on top of that more dangerous for the surrounding including your own flesh.

Lots of tales of fliers trying CF blades but none of any improvement.
Some though tell of problems.
Support for using DJI props is almost unanimous here.

I received the OXOXO pushed by Amazon because I specifically ordered genuine DJI's. As soon I emailed them got a refund and keep the props. I find them as good as the originals.

You guys spend all this money , then want to cheap out for a couple of dollars for props.
Don't get it.

phantomi said:
A set of DJI 9450, and a set of OXOXO 9450. I use most the DJI's but the OXOXO are fine.
:D
Me too, can't tell any difference. 9450's are much better than stock.

MoriSS, it's not that I am cheap, wanted to try out something different, what's the big deal here. Just because someone ask a question, doesn't mean they are being cheap. Yes I have extra's of the original props. The case I brought was 229.00, 2 spare batteries 129.00 each, camera protector and ribbon protector, another 200.00 for better antenna, Ipad holder. I also brought a insurance policy and paid another 105.00 to join a RC club. So just because I wanted to try out a different set of blade doesn't mean I am cheap.

9450s for me, but I keep a set of the originals in the case for backups. I'm sure it's not advisable to mix them (just in case anyone was thinking about that).

9450s on both my Phantoms as well

Like the OXOXO props. Found no difference between them and original DJI props. I did buy a second set of spares expecting to get additional OXOXO props but got FC props instead. FC's are lighter and I experienced poor to no performance from the props, crashed on several attempts before identifying the problem as being the props. Stay away from FC props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1