What propeller you perfer for your DJI Phantom4

The props that come with the Phantom work so well that it really doesn't make sense to attempt using anything else.

Here are my 2 cents on props:

A) As stated above the ones from the factory do a good job
B) The Factory are an excellent "compromise" between efficiency, cost, rigidity, and flexibility
C) If you push your priorities to one of the above areas you have a loss in the other areas (It's a balancing act and if you add more to one you take away from the others in some way).
D) If you add more rigid props your likelihood of damaging other components further inward is GREATLY enhance. On one of my CP R/C helicopters I wanted to add Carbon Fiber blades to get a firmer "bite" in the air. I got exactly what I wanted but any time I had a blade strike instead of spending 10 minutes to replace $10 blades I was spending hours replacing components further into the aircraft ( rods, gears, shafts, links, grips etc) that ended up costing more than the factory blades. Basically if the blades are tough/rigid that energy is transferred deeper into the aircraft. I like having a designed point of failure that is cheap and EASY to replace.

Hello Guys,

What materia propeller you use for your DJI P4?

I use the stock plastic ones but I've noticed they come with a sight but noticeable trailing edge "burr" . . . like it comes out of the mold and the mold seam does not fit perfectly or they think is does and don't bother to finish it further. This will disturb the airflow leaving the airfoil and contribute to poor efficiency so I smooth them off with a couple of strokes of #400 emery paper. . . veerrrry carefully.

I use the stock plastic ones but I've noticed they come with a sight but noticeable trailing edge "burr" . . . like it comes out of the mold and the mold seam does not fit perfectly or they think is does and don't bother to finish it further. This will disturb the airflow leaving the airfoil and contribute to poor efficiency so I smooth them off with a couple of strokes of #400 emery paper. . . veerrrry carefully.

If you are making any changes to the props you need to take the time to re-balance them ASAP. An out of balance prop is a recipe to disaster.

David, any chance of posting a pic of what you mean please.

Yes as soon as I can get a good macro view . . it's very tiny . . maybe a 1/100th of an inch burr but they all have it . . human finger can sense 1/5000th of an inch . . try running your finger off the trailing edge of a blade the way air flows off . . you can feel it . . if you can feel it the air will too

Ive only tried plastic OEM as when i had my P2+ I tried carbon and the thing would never fly right.

the 9450 CF enhanced DJI props were great compared to stock with my old P2V+ especially in high winds. P3 not as much of a difference, although it was more responsive. i cant wait to try the OEM 9450S CF if DJI ever makes them.... non OEM never... heard too many horror stories about them.

Reactions: Cassiel
Never had a problem, stick with stock and I change them out every 100 flights just for safety. Or if I hit some tree branches also!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are making any changes to the props you need to take the time to re-balance them ASAP. An out of balance prop is a recipe to disaster.

What method is effective for balancing the factory props on a P4?

Reactions: BigAl07
Never had a problem, stick with stock and I change them out every 100 flights just for safety. Or if I hit some tree branches also!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really? I've seen other people comment that they never change them unless they get damaged. Are you implying that its not safe to do that?

Really? I've seen other people comment that they never change them unless they get damaged. Are you implying that its not safe to do that?

props can get out of balance over time and will effect the stability of flight and need to be re balanced.
kind of like tires on a car.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl