What Pricing for Waterlogged Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate suggestions about setting pricing for a Phantom 2 that unfortunately was underwater for 2 hours in the ocean a couple months ago.

Total package is Phantom 2, Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, iosd and stock DJI remote control. I also have the waterlogged GoPro Hero 4 Black someone might want for parts or the lens.

I lost control of the P2 while flying it back to me; about 200 ft away, it parked in hover about 50ft over the ocean, then did a slow controlled flight downward into the drink. The P2 shell looks to be in perfect shape. Again just wondering what pricing I should ask for these parts, thanks!

- John

The main question I'd have is, after removing it from the ocean, what did you do to clean and dry it?

Salt-corroded electronics aren't worth anything. If something works, that's another story.
The body of a Phantom 2 is worth $50.
The motors may have survived, though will likely need new bearings (I'd value motors at maybe $10 each used).
A good DJ6 might be worth $30.

Hi CityZen,

After 2 hours in the ocean, I immediately removed the battery and doused the entire P2 with fresh water. Seems the motors seized, they won't move at all when trying to turn them. The Zenmuse had some corrosion. I haven't tried a new battery to turn the P2 on. The DJ6 is brand new, flawless. Thanks for your input!

- John

Ah man that sucks to hear. If its salt water were talking about here. That basically means you still have a perfectly good shell, landing gear and the remote.

Every thing else is very iffy esp if it was not right away when it was still wet completely taken apart including all plugs and even every screw and then washed and scrubbed down with distilled water then properly cleaned and dried with a dry alcohol rinse to force out any remaining water. While also doing 3 turns on your left foot while shaking the bloody head of a virgin chicken while prying to the phantom gods that it will be all right after. and even then it can be a real gamble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues