What position do you have your radio antenna in?

Reaction score
Some say straight up, others say horizontal towards your Wi-Fi. Which is best. Also, here is a supposed "fly-away"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-yjjBhk4Y

Now I know I'm new, and Shepard thinks I'm a slow-witted lazy toy owner, but this guy shouldn't have even tried to take off with solid red LEDs should he?

Regards,
J.

Red lights on the front is normal.
You watch the back lights to check for GPS lock - green flashing.

Attachments

• P2+.JPG
    P2+.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 468
Thank you. I'm beginning to think Shepard is right. Can anyone comment on the antenna question? Thank you.

J.

P2V+ manual, page 27:

"For maximum range and reliability, Remote Controller antenna should point skywards with no obstructions between it and the
Phantom. Obstacles may cause Return to Home to trigger. Phone Holder and Range Extender should not block the antenna."

Thank you sir, I did read that, but thought, as I've seen in YouTube videos, it might be best to be horizontal with booster. I do believe I'll quit proving Shepard right and just read a bit for awhile although I have 1 last question to ask.

J.

The stock whip antenna is omnidirectional, which means the signal radiates in the shape of a donut from the tip. You want the outer extremes of the donut to be hitting the aircraft so point your antenna more or less at 90 degrees. If you point the antenna directly at the aircraft you are getting the hole of the donut so crap signal at best.

Different story for different antennas but stock whip antennas work best if you keep the aircraft at 90 degrees to the upright antenna or thereabouts. Just keep imagining the donut shape and keep the aircraft in the dough and you will be fine and dandy !

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers