what photo and video settings do i use

If you set your camera to shoot AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing), instead of one photo per shot it will shoot a bracket of 3 or 5 with varying exposures.
Here is a bracket of 3
i-t3Pcxgz.jpg

It shoots one at the correct exposure according to the meter, one under exposed and one at over exposed.
The exposure difference is 0.7 stop.
This is useful if metering might be a little tricky or to be able to combine multiple exposures in HDR.
Can i do this with the phantom 4 or is this a phantom 4 pro option ?

Basic composition tip: put your horizon along the upper thirds line of frame. Use a cpl filter to kill glare from water and capture the rich greens of the Southern and Mountain beech trees.

Cpl = Circular polarizing filter.
If you have filmed higher resolution than 1080, you can "zoom in" during post production within you video editing app.

Like the AEB and merge to HRD idea. Check out HDR Photography Software - Photo Editing Programs & Plugins - Photomatix. I will have to give that a go. Hadn't thought of doing that. I had been adding structure to stills via the free Viveza Photoshop filter.

Last edited:
Personally I have experience with DSLR cameras and the best way to take stills is using shutter priority the faster the subject is moving the faster shutter speed u need, for land scape a shutter speed of 60-250 will give u clean crisp photos if you are shooting near dusk or dawn a slower shutter speed will be needed if u have any more questions on the camera feel free to ask

AEB for pictures is wonderful. You can select the best picture afterward, or you can do HDR. For videos don't use DLog, you will loose details. Use instead D-cinelike, and then grade.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Do most of your shooting in the early morning or late afternoon. Don't be afraid to shoot into the sun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers