What phone for FPV?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm approaching soon my 100th flight without accident (Phantom 2+ H3-3D - go pro) . I always fly on line of sight. I have to get a new phone soon so I was thinking of trying FPV. I wanted to know for your personal experience which phone is good enough for my purpose. Consider I would never fly more then 1000 feet (300 meters) away. What transmitter should I mount on the phantom? As stated before I don't want to spend a fortune for a phone, just want to be able to see better where the camera is looking at. Any suggestions?

Wrong platform for a phone . With the GP you need a transmitter & receiver/monitor 5.8 .
Do not use the WiFi for FPV on your setup you may have a crash .

Hi everyone. I'm approaching soon my 100th flight without accident (Phantom 2+ H3-3D - go pro) . I always fly on line of sight. I have to get a new phone soon so I was thinking of trying FPV. I wanted to know for your personal experience which phone is good enough for my purpose. Consider I would never fly more then 1000 feet (300 meters) away. What transmitter should I mount on the phantom? As stated before I don't want to spend a fortune for a phone, just want to be able to see better where the camera is looking at. Any suggestions?

What you will need for a FPV system is a 5.8Ghz monitor/receiver, video transmitter, iOSD for telemetry and plug n play cable to connect the TX and iOSD. What brands you buy is strictly up to you and your budget. But as mentioned cell phone are out as wifi uses the same 2.4Ghz frequency as your P2.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31