Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What Phantom 'stuff' did Santa bring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhantomFanatic, Dec 25, 2014.

1. PhantomFanatic

I posted, before, asking what everyone wanted Santa to bring.

Now, what DID he bring?? Any new Phantom owners out there? Feel free to 'speak' up!

For me, Christmas hasn't happened, except for the real meaning of it. Our family will be having a delayed Christmas. But, no one will be buying FPV equipment for me as it isn't something they can even understand!

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I know that some are alone, perhaps without family. Just remember that you have a family here.

2. PhantomFanatic

Maybe 'normal' people have gone to sleep! As for me, I'm watching Mythbusters on the Science channel. It is a multi-day back to back marathon!

3. PhantomFanatic

I guess that is supposed to happen when we get this darn old! No kids or grandkids of my own. Well, that was stupid as without kids, I can't have grandchildren! (I blame it on two strokes.). Anyway, I get enough of that when my nephew and just engaged fiancé and my my newly engaged niece will come down.

My nephew will end up with six kids after their marriage! I hope he has Valium! This will be his second marriage and my niece's third marriage. Oh well, they didn't consult me!

4. Buckaye

I got a kumbacam setup! Totally excited though I'm having a bit of an issue with a loose power connection in the plug and play adapter...I had to come up with a bandaid fix to hold it steady until amazon can send me a new one. I'm gonna have to get used to FPV... But it's awesome!

5. hotstink626

My 5 year old wanted me to fly my phantom at night to see when santa was coming ... santa must be lodging a complaint to the faa for near misses ... hell when he gets home to the north pole I'm thinking his gonna kick the sh!t out of that elf called dji... and say " what the F where you thinking inventing this .....?.. have you seen what's stuck up rudeof arse" :shock:

6. Happyflyer

Golly, then you really DO NOT want to see my box of Whitman's Sampler! It measures 23 X 15. That is INCHES! Biggest box I've ever seen. :D

7. PsychopathRC

I didn't get any Phantom stuff FOR Christmas. But on Christmas Eve, my FC40 arrived early!

[​IMG]

8. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I got me a new TX for P2V. After all the fartin' around with it to get it all sorted... Now the wind is gusting out there... :(

-slinger

9. Happyflyer

Nice.
    Wind: What do you expect. It is "Frickin' freezin' New England." :D Heat wave here, 45 degrees and bare ground! Unreal! :shock:

10. Cloud9

11. PhantomFanatic

You are making me drool! (And, a tad jealous!)

12. PhantomFanatic

Speak for yourself! I've totally lost mine. I didn't appreciate being healthy. Perhaps THAT is the best Christmas present of all, being healthy and having healthy loved ones. But, I did make good use of my health when I had it!

13. Buckaye

Yeah it's pretty cool! I'm still trying to get used to where to look! I am so used to looking at the drone that I have a hard time looking down to the screen!

14. atomicbob

I actually had all my stuff for a week or so, so I guess Santa brought me courage. iOSD mini, immersionrc transmitter, Black Pearl monitor...Opened up the body and got everything hooked up and functioning! Hardest part was matching the frequency.

Now, if I could just get the DroneMods UAV Locator to work right I would be in business! (too many pricy gizmos to fly without it now...totally paranoid. lol)

15. MrC

MrC

I also got IRC tx, iosd-mini and black pearl. Just need to order some Horizon antennas now.

16. atomicbob

Do i need antennas? lol

17. PhantomFanatic

Now, why didn't Santa bring me that? I sat on his lap and told him I wanted that?

Is Santa real? He sure did a poor job this year, if he is!

18. MrC

MrC

No it should come with antennas but you can get much better distance with better antennas.

Yep Santa was kind to me this year for sure. Ordered it all in the week before christmas, not expecting to get in time and even told some wouldn't be there in time and it all turned up on 23rd!

19. atomicbob

Just watching Antennas 101....

ah-ha, said the blind man....I see

(sorry...haven't gotten to all the stickies yet)

20. PhantomFanatic

Yep! That is my concern, once I get FPV equipment. I guess it takes a lot of practice to quit looking at your Phantom.
    Using googles must require a lot of confidence with the FPV equipment. But, I look forward to being that comfortable!