What percent to leave batteries when not in use

Reaction score
I'm in getting some mixed feelings from everyone on what percent to keep battery at DJI says 50% so when I'm not going to use my drone if I hover in my front yard to 50% and then store batteries is that OK what do you guys think about it what percent would be best to store smart batteries at

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI recommends storing batteries between 30%-50% charged. If your batteries are above 65%, they will auto discharge down to 65% on their own. I'm assuming DJI also thinks 65% is an okay storage level since that's how they programmed their auto discharge process.

So 30 to 65% is an OK range to store them at thank you

Right. The extra 51%-65% range is what I'm personally suggesting is okay to do as well. If it was not safe, DJI would make their batteries auto discharge down to 50% instead.

While I would not recommend going against what DJI says, but I've been using Lipos for probably 7ish years mostly in R/C cars. I found storing batteries in an "after-run" battery level they've been fine. Even for years (3 in my case). When I say after run, meaning there was a drop in performance indicating they were starting to run low. So today with my P3A, I usually run them down to at least 2 green LEDs, but try to run them to just one lit LED...

Two LEDs is 50% that's usually when I leave mine at

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20