What now?

Ask your local fire department if they'd help you. They just might. Offer to buy them a case of beer and some burgers. Most departments are a close knit group that spend there off time together so beer and food might win them over!

Id call a tree service, and see if they can bring a bucket out and get up and high as they can then maybe a poll to fish it out. May cost you some $$ but at least you wont be out a Phantom.

Any ideas?

33lm8wk.jpg

11t9xk3.jpg
Rent a manlift, much cheaper than a new phantom.

Hire or borrow a "Cherrypicker" ;)

Climbing the tree seemed like a good idea until I tried it. Climbing the tree is a bad idea.
I'm going to try a slingshot with a lead sinker and some string next.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I plucked my sons Syma out of a 50' tree by using a painter pole (15') connected to another painter pole etc.... last section was a 1" PVC pipe Hardest part was keeping the pole stable.

But that little bird in the first pic looks a little higher than 50" Best bet - manlift/ cherry picker...

My Phantom was about 80' up a tree. I went out and bought a Big shot sling shot.Arborist use them to throw a line for climbing.All together with the big shot,line and a couple of different size throwing bags it cost me about 250.00.And it works real well.It took me about 5 shots to get the line over the branch that the Phantom was stuck on.Check out Sherril tree or Ebay Or any arborist supply.If you lived close by I would get it down for you

wrist type sling shot feeding electrician pull line tied to small and heavy object, maybe large nut&bolt.

as they said, get it near it on the branch and maybe able to shake it down , even in stages.

used similar method to get a syma 5c out of neighbors tree but it was only 35 - 40 ft

good luck

wrist type sling shot feeding electrician pull line tied to small and heavy object, maybe large nut&bolt.

as they said, get it near it on the branch and maybe able to shake it down , even in stages.

used similar method to get a syma 5c out of neighbors tree but it was only 35 - 40 ft

good luck
It is like the tail wagging the dog .I tried my wrist sling shot.The higher you go the more string ,the heavier the object you are trying to launch. The Big shot uses a 8' pole and the rubber sling is 3/4" thick The only other option I had was a Crossbow

My friend had the same problem... here is a video of the phantom embedded up a 300 foot high branch.. finally got a tree surgeon to shoot up the tree in less than 20 minutes - it cost less than a battery in fees to get it down. Don't try to use another phantom to lift it out as it is likely to end in another aircraft on top of the tree

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My friend had the same problem... here is a video of the phantom embedded up a 300 foot high branch.. finally got a tree surgeon to shoot up the tree in less than 20 minutes - it cost less than a battery in fees to get it down. Don't try to use another phantom to lift it out as it is likely to end in another aircraft on top of the tree

Off topic question but what do you use to have the telemetry displayed in that fashion? I have an iosd mini but it does not should the information at the top neatly like yours.

The IOSD-mini data is transmitted over the down link to the receiver. Usually the infomation above is produced by taking the recording made on board the quad and syncing it with Flytrex telemetry in a program like DashWare.

Syma X5C-1 being rescued from a roof by a DJI Phantom 2 Vision using a gorilla grip tripod as the grapple.
Worked perfectly.

HEY.....low&slow ...
Is it still up there ..............?

Nope. It's sitting on my desk now undergoing repairs.

It turns out that a wrist rocket slingshot is very hard to find. Both Walmart and ****'s don't sell them. Gander Mountain was sold out. I had to use a fishing rod. It also turns out that I am a real fisherman :).
It took a while but I finally got a good shot up and over. I then tied a strong string to the 12lb. fishing line and pulled it up and over.
It damaged the arm it landed on pretty bad. My 9450s won't work now, they hit the frame. So I put the 8" props back on and it flies fine. It lost a navigation light, but the ESCs all work, that surprised me.
The gimbal works It just has a plastic piece broke in half. Gorilla glue will fix that. The GoPro has no damage.

2q9yz6f.jpg

I want to bend the arm back up so I can put the 9450 props back on. anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking of heating it up with a hairdryer?

It works and I'm glad I got it back! Thanks to all the good advice I got.

Reactions: dirkclod
Give me more time i"m thinking.Smurf thinking.jpg

Heating the arm like that might get it back but I would be sure and check inside for anything that might be loose and check the GPS antenna for any cracks ! I would just get another shell rather than trust that one. JMO. Proud ya got it down bro :)

Reactions: low&slow and 750r
Not trying to spend your money but for $40 you can replace the shell .

Reactions: low&slow
Dirkcold beat me to it :D

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.