What must you AVOID for MLS real estate postings?

Reaction score
This is real life . . . I took a video of a residence and was told by a realtor that they could not use the video for two reasons: one, there was a real estate sign visible, and two, there were vehicle license plates visible.
Is this a general rule for all multiple listing service images?
What else must I avoid for real estate photos and videos?
Calhoun Ranger

MLS are VERY strict. No people at all and for the most part ONLY the property in the listing unless you are fairly high.

Also some MLS have strict standards on file sizes, resolutions, and even the naming format you use for the files.

You're best to get with the admin of the local MLS and have a talk with them or you might be spinning your wheels for nothing.

Reactions: jayeverts
I know our MLS is the same. Zero tolerance on signage in any listing photos. Also no people and make sure you frame the subject property only in the shot. I know it's a little more difficult if it's a track home or one of these homes that are all up against eachother, but it's still possible

Mario

In El Paso, TX they don't want any real estate signs in the photos posted in the MLS. We watermark all of our photos posted everywhere else. I'm not sure why the MLS doesn't allow signs or watermarks. We had a huge problem with people using photos of our properties in internet scams. Even now with watermarks we catch them sometimes. If you ask me the name of the broker should be mandatory in the photos! Texas law requires all brokers to have their name on all advertisements. I'm not sure how the MLS get away forcing realtors to keep their names out of the photos. Just doesn't make any since. Next time you do your drone video just put a camo bag over the sign. Make use there are not any cars in the drive way. My experience is the most of the neighbors license plates won't be legible.

Here in mid South Carolina, it is only the signs IF RECOGNIZABLE as to agent or agency. As to vehicle license plates, never mentioned. In my humble opinion, license plates not permitted is borderline insane overreach. Many people repeat "rules" like this because "everybody else does it" without questioning the rationale. Can you look up a vehicle license plate number? Not likely. AND if you did, so what? Although not real estate related, the same rule applies to photos of children. Really?! Facebook is full of them (and tags as well). What is the "bad guy" going to do with that, pray tell? Any significant instances of crime which hinged upon these items? Very doubtful. Some folks - or sheep - are infatuated with rules, I guess like the OP's MLS Board.

Same regs in my area. I often make one vid without the identification for the MLS and another with the agents photo and contact etc to use in their other marketing

If license plate recognition is an issue -use a plastic cover with hooks to hang on the cars in question - my covers are blank on one side and have my logo on the other side. They are reversible, I use a small S hook, made them myself. I carry 10 with me at all times must in case. I also have a magnetic version & good old painters tape JIC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Same, I make two versions, one specifically for MLS compliance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic