What mode to fly inside

Flight Simulator Mode.

Flying in your house = bad idea.

+1

But if you decide...
Firmware 1.1.9 (or VPS working firmware).
P mode with VPS enabled.
Cover the top of phantom with reflective foil to minimise sat counts.
Set RTH height = 0 and land!

Why the tin foil. You want no GPS locking a home position inside the house. If your controller signal breaks/battery/RTH is triggered etc, it will raise up XX RTH height try to return home.

Also...
Careful with vortex around walls. It will cause the phantom to dip near walls.
Careful with ceilings as it sucks itself into the roof. DONT CSC - just down throttle.

@N017RW, you got that right, the OP must have a huge house. You would have to fly ATTI or full manual with only the VPS for some stability. In an A/C Hanger I would try it, but not my house, too much breakable stuff.

Hey,

If ya gotta ask...

(you get the idea)

Flew inside last night with prop guards on.. flew perfect even with sat signal in and out. Keep your hands on the controller as you should with any rc pay attention to drifting and youll be fine make sure to turn off any fans and or window units, move any plants, magazine or papers out so you dont see them flapping around.

I did two short flights in my living room. P-Mode, VPS on of course. Didn't have any issues with GPS interfering. Rock solid hovering.

That being said, not going to do it again.

Mine would not stay in one place. Not sure if the vision wad messed up or what. It stays perfectly in place outside.

The flying it in the house is the best part. I was behind it the second time pushing it by the prop guards with a piece of scrap gator board.. children dont try this at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4