What mobile phone to use.

Reaction score
I have a Iphone4s and have decided its to slow to fully stream videos adequate from the vision. I have the setting to the lowest and want to at least set it to 30 Fps. I read that the new android app was a big improvement and tried it on my super lousy denver 7" pad and it sure is better than my Iphone 4s, but is unusable as a monitor anyway. So can anyone give me some recommendation on a cheap but effective mobile phone to use as a monitor?

Phantomhoofy said:
I have a Iphone4s and have decided its to slow to fully stream videos adequate from the vision. I have the setting to the lowest and want to at least set it to 30 Fps. I read that the new android app was a big improvement and tried it on my super lousy denver 7" pad and it sure is better than my Iphone 4s, but is unusable as a monitor anyway. So can anyone give me some recommendation on a cheap but effective mobile phone to use as a monitor?

It really depends on your needs...Do you want something quick, no hassle, and don't care about FPV, and you fly primarily LOS ...Any smartphone should be farily equal in terms of quality. So it comes down to manufacturer preference Apple or Android?
Also, you wont get good resolution thru the wifi app...The camera on the Vision will record to the SD Card at high resolution, but not the Wifi app to your phone.

I wanted a bigger screen, but did not want to hassle with a huge tablet and the necessary fixtures to mount on the TX.
I went with the Nexus 7 (2013) Wifi only. It fits nicely in my case, easily obtainable mounting system and a good quality display.

There's a few threads on this as well
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13227
Here is a pic of my TX and 7in tablet:
7bg4.jpg

t90o.jpg

This is a ARKON tripod mount, the ball socket fits the TX mount ball perfectly, again,..this is one option among several.
http://www.amazon.com/Tripod-Monopod-Am ... B00A9AKY02

I have a Nexus 4 and rate it as both a phone and a Phantom platform. It's fast, nice screen, and still getting updates from Google (I'm running KitKat). It's one generation old now (Nexus 5 is out) so you should be able to find a reasonable price for a used one on eBay, for example?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.