Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What method are you using to remove fisheye?

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Howzit, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Howzit

I know there are several options out there. I have Final Cut Pro, so if you have a favorite plugin, please comment!

There are a few examples, GoPro Studio (free, but just 'ok'), fcpeffects ($40 for a **** plugin??), and dronevideofx (only $6 plugin). Do you guys have any other suggestions? Maybe even a free plugin for Final cut that I can check out? I have no problem spending a little but of money (not $40), but would like to hear some feedback before I do. thanks!

2. Seahorse

I don't... ;)

3. Gizmo3000

me neither, never really been bothered by it. - not for video, tho I've used Photoshop to correct it a few times in stills.

What's wrong with the option provided by GoPro tho?

4. xgeek

5. kmgibbs

I use proDad Defisher. Works well and you can create custom profiles.

6. Howzit

GoPro studio doesn't quite remove fisheye to the extent that I've seen plugins do it. It's not bad, but there aren't any options to correct more if it needs it.

7. acall

I'm also having this issue, and I still haven't seen a good solution yet. GoPro studio does a decent job, but like it was mentioned, there's no parameters for adjusting it, and it also automatically color grades the video in the process, which I don't want. I just want some software to remove the fisheye, and then color grade it myself afterwards.

The problem also is that I'm running FCP7, not FCPX. There seems to be plugins for X but nothing left for 7. I've been putting off upgrading to X but maybe I finally have to do it.

8. FlyingFox

I've just started to free trial adobe premiere 30days free, and that removes fisheye on the effects tab, quite easy too