What kind of SD cards do you use?

Reaction score
I need to upgrade to a bigger micro SD card, what do you guys use? What brand? What class? What size? Ever have any corrupted memory problems with a certain brand or class?

I prefer the Sandisk Extreme 64GB. It's a good balance between speed and cost. I've never had any issues with corruption with any of my Sandisk cards. Lexar is another great brand.

The P3 will handle...
SanDisk 64GB Micro SDXC UHS-1 Card

It's one of the best around... I have been using them on commercial gigs and music video aerial caption... you can also get less expensive 16GB with the same speed. I would have one 64 and three or four 16's... IMHO

The above that I listed is an "Extreme"... ;) I have two of the 64's and a bunch of 16's. I offload onto my new MacPro the footage and store it on two (2) Passport 2 TB remote drives... one is a Master for my shots, the other is a backup. I can't afford to loose anything in production so that combo works well... and it's fairly inexpensive.

Our company has 7 birds, P3P's and others... it's the safe way to preserve footage... along with the new HDMI on the P3's, which is going to be streamed directly to a ground station in the event of an "incident"... at least the footage is intact. So far, no incidents! Proper training and FAA ground school has helped immensely

Last edited:
I use different brands, all class 10. They all perform equally well. The majority are the brand Sandisk.

you dont really need the extreme unless of course you prefer to pay more for the file transfer speed from card to pc. otherwise the ultra's work just as well and at a much cheaper price.

DreamsHD, what kind of Phantom do you have?

Nobody here has said to watch out for knock offs that look very real. Check out YouTube first on how to identify the difference between the real ones and the fakes. Then buy your memory from a reputable store. I own a P34K and I have had good luck with SanDisk Extreme 64gb C10 U1 class memory but I get the one that has U3 on it because its faster. For good 4K without shudder even when doing fast turns etc this is the one to buy. You want to be interested most in write speed a minimum of 40mbs is recommended and will deliver good results.

Nobody here has said to watch out for knock offs that look very real. Check out YouTube first on how to identify the difference between the real ones and the fakes. Then buy your memory from a reputable store. I own a P34K and I have had good luck with SanDisk Extreme 64gb C10 U1 class memory but I get the one that has U3 on it because its faster. For good 4K without shudder even when doing fast turns etc this is the one to buy. You want to be interested most in write speed a minimum of 40mbs is recommended and will deliver good results.
Yeah, I've got two of those in a drawer right now. Wont format, and that right out of the package. I would send em back, but that seems like a lot of trouble, and they weren't ordered from amazon, got em from Wish, and they ship from Shengen China, so I have two tiny paperweights..LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.