What is your typical sequence of shots for real estate?

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

For those of you who use your drone to create real estate videos, I'm wondering whether you have a typical sequence of shots that you put together for maximum dramatic impact...if so, what is the sequence?

For me, I usually have the following, which I think is most dramatic:

1. Start high up, then descend straight towards the front door, as if you were walking into the house
2. A descending sweep of the front facade, usually from the upper right hand corner of the facade to the lower left
3. A high-altitude orbital of the front
4. A high altitude orbital of the rear
5. A slow, steady pan across a the back of the property
6. A retreat from the rear of the house, starting in low and up close, then backing away and up to a high altitude
7. Fade to black

Any suggestions or alternate sequences you use?

Good work

I practiced on my own house yesterday for the first time. Granted my house is tiny with nothing spectacular to focus on so I was just playing with different types of shots. My sequence was...
Trucking left-to-right from the sidewalk
Fly up to and over the front of the house
High fly-over from the front
High fly-over from the back
Orbit the property
Corner-to-corner of the back yard
Trucking right-to-left from the back fence
Ground-to-satellite view from the front sidewalk
Fade to black
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: D Blue and Junebug
Litchi will do the trick when it comes to real estate videos. POI and interpolation will make for smooth and professional looking videos.

In addition to the ones you guys already mentioned, for large properties with expansive acreage, unique structure, and/or other features (e.g. pools, spas, etc), I like to do what they call the "God's eye" view - just flying above the property with camera pointed straight down and increasing altitude, or just flying above, maintaining altitude and across the property with camera pointed straight down.

Depending on location, if there is a beach, lake, a cityscape, or mountains nearby, I like to reveal that view in the distance by flying forward, camera angled down towards the property, then revealing the scenery by slowly tilting the camera upwards. This is a very dramatic looking shot.

Long driveways and automatic gates? I'll fly along the driveway and through gates as they are opening.

I am spoiled. I get to be creative because most of my shoots are of luxury properties. :grin:

Hi Friends,

For those of you who use your drone to create real estate videos, I'm wondering whether you have a typical sequence of shots that you put together for maximum dramatic impact...if so, what is the sequence?

1. Start high up, then descend straight towards the front door, as if you were walking into the house
2. A descending sweep of the front facade, usually from the upper right hand corner of the facade to the lower left
6. A retreat from the rear of the house, starting in low and up close, then backing away and up to a high altitude
7. Fade to black

Sounds good..... Rather than flying towards the front door I would be tempted to start in close and fly backwards (reverse the footage in post) for safety and control reasons.

Here's one my partner and I completed a couple weeks ago. The client wanted a very basic video. Having titles to help you move around the property helps tremendously. This was shot dual operator on the Inspire Pro with the X5 camera using Olympus 12mm, 25mm, and 45mm lenses but you get the idea.

Here's one my partner and I completed a couple weeks ago. The client wanted a very basic video. Having titles to help you move around the property helps tremendously. This was shot dual operator on the Inspire Pro with the X5 camera using Olympus 12mm, 25mm, and 45mm lenses but you get the idea.

wow... amazing shots! can I get a discount playing that course? ;)

Looks fantastic.

Hi Friends,

7. Fade to black

Its pretty much what every makes the property look the best for me. I've seen lots of real estate photos that show nothing but the roof. We mix our photos using some of the drone and lots of the interior. You can see them on our Facebook Pages Southwest Realty, El Paso. I just wish I had the nice kinds of properties to film that everyone else seems to get. No water around here, just a dry desert.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic