What is your preferred Firmware version? Here's why I ask....

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I just downgraded back to 01.03.0418.

I've had zero issues with my P4P since I bought it, thankfully, but, I started having issues with firmware version 01.03.0509.

I started out with 01.02.0304. I had no issues. It was great.

I hesistantly upgraded to 01.03.0418 and again, had no issues with it. It worked great. I was happy.

Based on the success of that one, I upgraded to 01.03.0509. With this update came a few issues.

1) I had horrible gimbal horizon tilt issues. When I turned 90 degrees, it would tilt (with and without wind). Another 90 degrees, it went back to normal. With wind, I would understand the physics behind that, but without wind, I never had an issue with it. I had to constantly update the gimbal tilt. I only had to do that very mildly before, if at all. It was usually almost spot-on. I also had this wierd issue where the gimbal would randomly jerk up and down very quick, like something bumped it. My flying style did not change. Only the firmware did.

2) The next problem was my top speed capped out at a low 40-ish. My Mavic friend asked me about this because his Mavic was slower as well, so I tested it. The same field I practice my filming in, with no wind, I couldn't get it past 42 mph. Before this update, I could easily hit the low 50s. I've been practicing alot for some dramatic shots I want to get in Sport mode, so now that I'm finally skilled enough to do it, it was limited.

3) The obstacle avoidance is a bit whackier. On cloudy days, it would randomly see ghost objects, like when the sun hits the sensors, only now it started happening with any kind of weather. I never got any false-positives on a cloudy day. It was usually spot-on. Maybe they adjusted the sensitivity a bit.

I'm now reading about the new 1.04 firmware, where there the live feed quality is lower, and since I actually use that quite a bit, I decided to go back to 01.03.0418, for now.

I'm now curious what versions others use and if any of you have seen these issues with .0509 and above.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

At the beginning of the post you said you didn't like the 01.03.0509 update but then at the bottom you said you were using the 01.03.0509 version?

I'm not trying to be snobby at all, I just am about to purchase the phantom 4 pro and I'm wondering which firmware to install on it.

Thanks,
Justin

Mine came with 1.3.0509 so my bird is fresh stock. My gimbal behaves well. There are some little things like no snapshot while recording, no smart rth, and other little stuff. But it's a solid firmware rev for me. Tough to say if the go app figures in too sometimes. My air 2 seems to be working quite well though. I'm certainly sticking at this firmware rev for now. New firmware not looking good. Will wait for the next release.

Hello,

At the beginning of the post you said you didn't like the 01.03.0509 update but then at the bottom you said you were using the 01.03.0509 version?

I'm not trying to be snobby at all, I just am about to purchase the phantom 4 pro and I'm wondering which firmware to install on it.

Thanks,
Justin

Thank you for pointing this out! That was definitely a typo. I just changed it. I meant, I went back to .0418. :)

From what I read on here, firmware seems to be a different experience for different people. This is just my personal experience and preference, but they do make it quite easy to choose which one you want. The downgrade process was a piece of cake.

Reactions: LivingImage7
Thanks Guys!!

I just ordered my first drone (P4P) so I'm really excited for it to show up later this week:)

Now I'll have to see which firmware it has and go from there.

Once again, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20