What is your opinion, is the P4 worth it?

Is the P4 worth spending another $600-$800?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • I am still undecided

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Get another P3

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Get a new P4

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
I am shocked by the poll results. But then again, this is the P3 forum. I wonder if it would be different in the P4 forum?

I am shocked by the poll results. But then again, this is the P3 forum. I wonder if it would be different in the P4 forum?
I think people will always be disappointed with range/endurance regardless of how long the P3/P4 flys...just human nature. Regardless, both are amazing feats of technology. I do wish DJI would be entirely honest with their specifications....especially flight endurance. After all, these are aircraft. Overstating performance of an aircraft, especially fuel/battery burn rates is not a good corporate practice. For DJI, it invites the potential for needless litigation. If I was the CEO of any aircraft manufacturing operation, all performance numbers would be extra conservative....it's bad business to have aircraft prematurely running out of fuel....especially when a new buyer thinks they are going to get 28 minutes out of the P4. Many new buyers don't read these forums, I.e., my first DJI product was a gift...I just read the manual and assumed it was good for the stated flight time.

Reactions: mikesmiley
no its not worth it over the P3. The battery flies exactly the same time in my experience and the range is about 2/3 of what the phantom 3 has. The additional features are fun though but not worth the price increase.

I greatly appreciate everyone input, this has made it a lot easier for me to make my decision based on everyone's personal experience & facts on the P4 vs P3, the poll results speak for themselves & it appears that the P3 surely would be a better investment to make at this time!

If it's a matter of money, buy the P3A. It's a great machine. If you're able to spend the extra though, the P4 has a lot of nice improvements. If you have the chance, go somewhere (like an Apple store) and check them out in person.

It has exactly two improvements over the Advanced. The faster charger and 4K vs. 2.7K. I wouldn't classify that as "a lot" of improvement.

As far as the question at hand, for me, I will stick to the Advanced until I find a need for 4K. I have enough batteries to do what I need so a faster charger doesn't matter to me.

I like the dual IMUs in the P4 but I'm not seeing where I would benefit from the image positioning and collision avoidance. And even though I prefer the look of the Phantom 3 over the 4, that doesn't matter as much to me.

The P3A or P is just as capable and smooth and all that as the P4. I like that the props lock on. That is the one clear thing I really see as a benefit.

It has exactly two improvements over the Advanced. .
I think that statement is a bit short sided. Here are a few.

- faster
- better shell
- refined body, gimbal carrier is covered
- avoidance system
- battery last longer - not by much but still is better
- does shoot 120fps - bitrate is low but still an option
- flight modes tracking etc.
- dual IMU
- dual compass
- locking props

There are more. You or I might not think they are worth the upgrade but let's not misrepresent the facts. Doing so almost reads like jealousy and sour grapes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am shocked by the poll results
It would be interesting to know how many of the voters own both a P3 and P4. I suspect many have never flown a P4.

I think that statement is a bit short sided. Here are a few.

- faster
- better shell
- refined body, gimbal carrier is covered
- avoidance system
- battery last longer - not by much but still is better
- does shoot 120fps - bitrate is low but still an option
- flight modes tracking etc.
- dual IMU
- dual compass
- locking props

There are more. You or I might not think they are worth the upgrade but let's not misrepresent the facts. Doing so almost reads like jealousy and sour grapes.

Dude, I was talking about the P3A and P3P. Not the P4. If I wanted to buy a P4, I would.

Last edited:
It has exactly two improvements over the Advanced. The faster charger and 4K vs. 2.7K. I wouldn't classify that as "a lot" of improvement.
I guess you're talking about the P3A vs the P3P? I meant the P4 has a lot of improvements over the P3.

Dude, I was talking about the P3A and P3P. Not the P4. If I wanted to buy a P4, I would.
I misunderstood.

Do you have a P4? If so, have you noticed a reduction in distance, if you have traveled to your limits that is?
I do have a P4, but I don't do long distance flights. The only thing I noticed flight-wise is it's a little more stable when hovering in place and sport mode is scary fast. I was most impressed by the design changes.

I need to see one in person. My buddy just bought one but we've both been too busy to get together since it arrived. I'm not keen on the looks of the P4 but I like the streamlined design. And the performance would be cool.

I do have a P4, but I don't do long distance flights. The only thing I noticed flight-wise is it's a little more stable when hovering in place and sport mode is scary fast. I was most impressed by the design changes.
Gotcha, thank you that helps a lot! Do you know if there is a difference in the FPV quality/HD capability of the P3P vs the P3A?

& is there a difference in FPV quality/hd capability in the P3A or P3P vs the P4?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj