What is your flight time?

Reaction score
The ads say 24 to 28 minutes of flight time. What are you getting?

Just mention your Phantom version and any modifications. I ask as there have been only 8 minutes of flight time, reported here. That is NOT what was advertised.

PhantomFanatic said:
The ads say 24 to 28 minutes of flight time. What are you getting?

Just mention your Phantom version and any modifications. I ask as there have been only 8 minutes of flight time, reported here. That is NOT what was advertised.
And, you believe advertised specs?
Depends on which model, but if you have a brand new fully charged battery, balanced props and a stripped down Phantom, you might get 24 minutes. I get 12 to 15 minutes on my P2NV with a Hero4 , FPV and Flytrex Live.

Which Phantom do you own?

With my Vision + I get 15 minutes if I stop when the timer in the App says 0 minutes, which is approx 25% left if i recall..
If I keep going until around 17% I get 17- 18 minutes.

I have a P2V+ and I get between 14 and 17 minutes, depending how I fly.
I've had it over a week now and have put in a total of over 5 hrs.
lol.. doesn't sound like much, hey.
The batteries seem to last longer the more I use it.

I reckon if I take off the training wheels and just hovered in one spot, I could get it close to 25 min.

Yeah I believe Lipo's take a while to get to optimal usage.
Another thing which helped get an extra couple of minutes was discharging it to 0% then doing a full charge.
There is a battery manual on the DJI site, it says to do a complete discharge every 20 or so recharges.. I only did it for the first time after like 60 charges but it still made a slight improvement.

10 - 16 minutes, Phantom 2, H3-3D, GoPro 3+, ImmersionRC 600mw, mini IOSD, Flytrex Core 2, & heavy landing gear (thanks to retract motors that aren't working yet)

10 minutes. Phantom 2, h3-3d, gopro hero 4 silver. Immersionrc with mini iosd

P2V, rotoP, all FPVLR antennas, Tracker, 17-18 minutes.

On p1, around 9-10 mins tops. If you're hovering I guess it may be 12 mins but flying around/up/down soon eats up the battery

Stock P2V in optimal conditions, 17-18 minutes when battery still reads about 50% and I then I land not knowing how long it will be until my next flight.

P2 plus FPV -

about 12:30 down to 25%.
about 13:30 down to 20%

I noticed something interesting from my log book. Could be coincidence, but if I top up the battery immediately before I fly (i.e. rather than just putting it on charge the day before and letting it auto shut off when it has charged), I can eek out an extra 2 minutes. Will have to check this out.

justin00 said:
Yeah I believe Lipo's take a while to get to optimal usage.
Another thing which helped get an extra couple of minutes was discharging it to 0% then doing a full charge.
There is a battery manual on the DJI site, it says to do a complete discharge every 20 or so recharges.. I only did it for the first time after like 60 charges but it still made a slight improvement.

What is your prefered method of discharging ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl