what is USB port on controller used for?

Install the windows drivers from dji first

Also download ( RC ASSISTANT ) it is for upgrading Tx firmware,
As well as Tx calibration.

Then hook to ( PC ASSISTANT ) to calibrate Tx to phantom.
PC assistant is for upgrading MC FIRMWARE, as well as battery
And receiver firmware!

Make sure you have the latest everything!
( assistant, app, firmware, drivers, ect! )

Take care, fly safe!

Drivers were installed awhile back. Will the port ever be needed again? Just installed latest everything. Like the battery graph. Thanks for the quick response.

Only for upgrade, and Tx calibration!
If you are up to date, you should be fine until
Next update!

Did you download ( RC ASSISTANT )?

Take care, fly safe!

I successfully updated the controller and Phantom firmware shortly after I received my PV2+ last week.

This week I installed Assistant 3.2 and now cannot connect to the controller (I can connect to the Phantom and update firmware without a problem). I hear the Windows sound acknowledging the controller as a device when I power it on, and it's in the device list. But Assistant 3.2 doesn't see it.

In an effort to solve this issue I've uninstalled the Win driver and Assistant 3.2, then re-installed the driver and Assistant 3.0; no difference: Windows can see the Phantom but not the controller. I uninstalled 3.0 and re-installed 3.2, but the controller just isn't being recognized. Any ideas?

Retief said:
This week I installed Assistant 3.2 and now cannot connect to the controller (I can connect to the Phantom and update firmware without a problem). I hear the Windows sound acknowledging the controller as a device when I power it on, and it's in the device list. But Assistant 3.2 doesn't see it.

Assistant 3.x can only see your controller indirectly, as in through the Phantom. To attach the controller directly, you must install the RC Assistant. Reinstall the Windows drivers, the Assistant 3.x, and the RC Assistant. Attach the controller, run the RC Assistant, update if available, then calibrate the controller. Disconnect controller and shut down the RC Assistant. Now power n controller connect Vision+ to computer and power on, run Assistant 3.x, go to the Calibration section and calibrate your Vision+ to the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20