What is this??

Reaction score
I was just looking at my phantom and saw this
zuva3ytu.jpg
two little wires sticking out. Sorry newbie questions:)

That's a 12V aux power line that DJI have thoughtfully installed for powering external accessories, like a video transmitter. Leave it where it is if you don't need it, or pluck it out with some tweezers if you do. It's about 6-8 inches long once you pull it out.

MrMediaGuy said:
That's a 12V aux power line that DJI have thoughtfully installed for powering external accessories, like a video transmitter. Leave it where it is if you don't need it, or pluck it out with some tweezers if you do. It's about 6-8 inches long once you pull it out.
Cool!! Thanks!

Be careful what you power with it, a lot of posts of burnt wires with a load of any sort. I have powered my Arris, ran a seperate power for my FPV transmitter.

rampage42 said:
Be careful what you power with it, a lot of posts of burnt wires with a load of any sort. I have powered my Arris, ran a seperate power for my FPV transmitter.

Good advice. You can tell by the wire gauge that you're not going to pull 5 amps through there or something, but it runs my Immersion 600mw vTX just fine and the wire doesn't even get warm. And that thing pulls some decent current. I think a gimbal would be no problem. Maybe not both.

And on the soldering, obviously do a good job and put separate heat shrink on each joint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers