What is this piece, and what's it do?

Reaction score
I recently had my quad upgraded to an immersionrc 600mw, from an AVL58. The person that first built this quad at a hobby shop mounted lots of stuff outside the body stuck to the underside. This was one of those items. .

When I had it upgraded by a much more competent builder, he moved all the electronics inside, so that only the immersionrc is now outside the body.
He gave me back all the stuff he removed, including this thing.
I thought it was the iosd mini, but I still have exactly the same on screen data I used to have, so it's probably not that (unless he put in a new one for some reason).
Would love to know what it is.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427273509.356391.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427273509.356391.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 622
Ezookiel that's the "DJI FPV Hub" which is ONLY used with an AVL58 transmitter (not a P2-Vision, sorry TeamYankee :)). it ties together the Phantom mainboard, gimbal, iOSD mini and AVL58. With your IRC600, that same function is accomplished by a simple PnP cable (like this)

it was completely unnecessary after moving away from the AVL58. pointless to have left on your Phantom from that time... sound like your 2nd builder knew Phantoms better than the first :)

btw , the iOSD mini looks like this and was likely moved up into the body for a clean "internal install", so all that wiring (from the aforementioned PnP cable) is all up inside the body except for the 2 cables (power & video) that go the the IRC600 which I assume is still mounted externally

Thanks for that. Not sure why mine used to have one, as mine's not a Vision model. It was mounted underneath on the outside.
I love the nicer cleaner look with everything except the vtx inside now. Can't wait to try the potentially increased range from the 600mw

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl