What is this on my 30 day old Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-07-29-23-53-02_zpsdusvglwk.png

I'm in the process of battling bad amps for my boosted Max antenna, battling a crooked horizon and to top it off, my internet is down and I'm tethered using my phone in which I have little to no service in my house.

really , this is insane
Today I decided to take the "short video and pictures" for DJI since they asked for them, regarding the horizon issue, after it lands I gave it a good once over and sure enough found that crack.

Since day one I read about these "stress cracks" and thought since this is new and only 30 days old they must have fixed the issue by now.

So now I'm sending DJI a few pictures, it does piss my off as I'm sure it did for other too, I was really trying hard to not have to send this thing in over the horizon issue, but it looks like the decision is out of my hands now, it has to go back

"That crack"? Which crack are you referring to (location)?

wait you serious? is there more then one? Its the big crack on that picture, from that screw hole.

Wow, that's a big one. I think you may have the prize winner, from what I've seen, even on the @dji forum... A + Humongous. And then some. ;-)

RedHotPoker

wait you serious? is there more then one? Its the big crack on that picture, from that screw hole.
I'm serious. When I first read your post, there was no picture. Now that the picture has apoeared, it's quite obvious.

ahh gotcha, sorry about that. internet is down and using my phone, its slow :(

am I grounded until it gets fixed?
No, you can fly with it just fine, as it's really only cosmetic. If the crack was wiithin or around several of the motor screw pockets, I might be mildly concerned. Lucky for you, turn around time on returned for repair drones have been drastically reduced. So you may only be grounded for a couple of weeks, once you send it back, for service, under warranty... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Thanks, emailing them now, hopefully they fix my horizon issue too.

Question, when I get it back do I do a full calibration of everything again? IMU,Compass,Gimbal?
thanks

Question, when I get it back do I do a full calibration of everything again? IMU,Compass,Gimbal?
It would be a good idea to calibrate everything and verify your settings in DJI GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4