what is the white wash on night time video?

Reaction score
Hi all, short time reader, 1st time poster. how do i get rid of all the white wash on night time videos? anyone?

Welcome to the group.
Show a sample, because I have no clue what you are talking about.

i'll have to figure out how to post a video.

probably digital noise. The camera sensor is very small and not good in low light. A good Video Editor probably can get rid of some of the noise, but you will also lose detail in the process.

I'm also curious what settings folks are using for night flying. I love flying at night and sucks the video quality is so poor

I did a film of a local Christmas tree recently. The first filming was done at night and was horrible - looked like snow in all the black areas of the video.

So next evening, I went back out at dusk and did the same film. Much better results, brighter clips, no snow.

However, if the event you're going to film is in the dead of night, you probably won't get a good clip using the V+.

You can see the Christmas tree clip in the link below.

could not upload video so here is a snap shot.

Attachments

• Snapshot000003.png
    Snapshot000003.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 490
you can see all the white dots in the black areas.

Attachments

• Snapshot000002.png
    Snapshot000002.png
    689.1 KB · Views: 457
I find the best results with 1080 @ 60 fps, but with ASA locked to 100. Each time I have tried to use ASA 400, I get speckled like you. The Vision Plus greatest weakness is its low light performance.

Thanks Doc, I will try that tonight. I have seen gr8 night flights on youtube with no specks with the P2V+, I just want the same.

Sorry Hz, not FPS, good catch. When I shoot action close up in daylight, I use 720p and 60 fps.

DeathFromJuu said:
DrJoe said:
I find the best results with 1080 @ 60 fps, but with ASA locked to 100.

The lower ASA makes sense as there will be less noise and the camera will be forced to use lower shutter speeds to capture an adequate amount of light (some blurring may be introduced however).

"1080 @ 60 fps" makes no sense since the Vision's camera can't capture 1080 at 60 frames per second.

You sure about that? I have a setting that says 1080@60fps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik