Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What is the Upgrade path from a P2V+?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by JoeSchmoe, Sep 8, 2015.

1. JoeSchmoe

Im wondering what the Upgrade path from a P2V+ v.3 is Do you think?

Maybe if I could actually TRY a P3.. I would be sold... but from what I have read.. the ONLY real benefit to ME is the increased range and lightbridge?

Plus I cant shake this nagging feeling there will be a $2,000 Inspire 2 or even a SUB $2,000 Inspire 2...

Which to me, that would be the upgrade?

or Am I missing something?

what are y'alls thoughts?

2. Adam Mullins

Phantom 3 has a better camera.. I watch my video and I notice grainy differences in the two.

3. JoeSchmoe

Yeah... And Im sure no fish-eye when tilted..

Too bad.. I didnt ask the last two P3 owners I ran across to let me 'try theirs out real quick' huh?

I cant help but feel like Ill just be buying the same thing over again if I get a P3 for some reason... Which SHOULD be kinda comforting..I guess.. But when you figure in multiple batteries and having to buy an ios tablet.... I kinda feel like I should get an Inspire? or wait until DJI does with the Inspire 1 what they did to the P2V+.. especially since mine is still flying ....

Just like many are saying a P3 will 'fly circles around a P2' Im sure an Inspire will Fly 'complex geometric patterns around any Phantom' ? and give me that just UPGRADED feeling?

#3 JoeSchmoe, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. RoyVa

These guys are like new cars. Just because a new one comes out every year doesn't mean we have to but. Depends on your need, wants and pocketbook. I have 2 P2 v+ and am totally satisfied with the 1080 P. If it's done correctly it's thought to see the difference on units that can display them. At 1080 p your getting HD so for 4 k you have to have something that can play 4 k. Not ready to get a 3000 dollar 4k TV just to look at a flight video. Mine look great to me and every one that has looked at them including a professional photographer.
    Believe I stick to mine for a while. The P3 guys have been waiting a while for the GS , follow me and POI. The 2 have been flying with it for a while even though it's 3rd party. Love my 2's.

5. Adam Mullins

You rocking the autopilot app in app store or stock app? Or even Litichi