Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What is the purpose of the Anti-Drop Pins?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Kit Walker, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Kit Walker

I apologise if this question seems simplistic but;

1/ what do the anti-drop pins actually do?

2/ why are only 2 fitted considering there are 4 hole positions or should there actually be 4 fitted?

3/ do they ever get changed and why/when?

4/ how often, if at all, do the rubber connectors get changed?

Thank you,

Pete.

2. Amigorick

The anti-drop pins are just that, safety devices that prevent the camera from detaching from the drone. Only two are needed. I actually added two small zip ties loosely in the other two positions to act as an extra safety feature. The rubber dampers should be replaced if they tear or appear to be stretched and the camera plate appears to be tilted at an angle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Fat Daddy, ROD PAINTER and flyboy73 like this.
  3. msinger

Approved Vendor

They keep the gimbal attached to the Phantom. The rubber balls are enough to hold the gimbal in place, but a rough landing would cause them to pop out without the pins in place.

DJI has only ever fitted two of them. I'm assuming they only use two since it's enough to keep the gimbal from releasing.

You only need to replace them if they are damaged in a crash and/or damaged when removing and reattaching the gimbal.

You should replace them if they are damaged. Under normal use, you shouldn't need to replace them often.

4. tcope

You only need two because they do/can transfer some vibration the camera. Two is enough to prevent the camera from falling off if it's detached. So the fewer the better.

Techcop50 likes this.