what is the Phantom 2 warranty?

Reaction score
For some reason I can't find an answer to this question. What is the warranty period for a Phantom 2? A year?

Warranty???ya gotta be kidding. I don't think anyone offers warranty. Maybe DOA machines but other than that....good luck. People don't read the instructions, crash all the time...what exactly do you expect them to put a warranty on?.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like anywhere near as silly a question as you seem to be making it out to be. All kinds of things could be broken or defective right out of the box. And if they warranty the motors for a year, let's say, and my motor blows up after a week, then I'd expect some kind of warranty protection.

From what I've read, many others on this forum have pursued warranty replacement of parts, so I think it's a valid enough question.

canadavenyc said:
I don't know, it doesn't seem like anywhere near as silly a question as you seem to be making it out to be. All kinds of things could be broken or defective right out of the box. And if they warranty the motors for a year, let's say, and my motor blows up after a week, then I'd expect some kind of warranty protection.

From what I've read, many others on this forum have pursued warranty replacement of parts, so I think it's a valid enough question.

Perfectly valid question but not one that any one person can really answer I fear. It depends where you buy it and what the issue is. Most manufacturers have a 12 month warranty but that is country dependant (UK has this). It covers defects of the product and that is deemed as a statutary right as a consumer.... However....

This is a product that has more loop holes for a manufacturer to get round due to the use/abuse it can get in its daily life.

For that reason my advice on this is always buy from a tried, tested and trusted source. The more buying power they have with the manufacturer the more important their phone call will be. Generally a warranty claim should always be taken up with the dealer/supplier at first port and then, should their response be less than favourable, you take it up with the manufacturer.

Weirdly buying from DJI direct is therefore less favourable than say DSLR Pro's (US) or Quadcopters (UK) as you are one lump of cash... a single product sale in a sea of mass orders. If DSLR Pro's has you with what they deem as a reasonable warranty case then they pick up the phone and say "hey guys... you know that $100,000 of Phantom's we ordered... well one isn't right we'd like another one"... and DJI's end the man that kicks up a big stink ends up in front of his supervisor for annoying a very good customer.

So anyway that is my take/advice on it. You have legal rights but fighting a manufacturer direct on it will just cause costs (in time especially), frustration and general hair loss*

*Hair loss is not covered under this posts warranty :mrgreen:

Thank you. So, just to clarify--DJI therefore do not offer any explicit warranty on the Phantom 2? And any warranty pursuit I might ever need to make would be done through the dealer I bought it from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers