What is the max height on the Phantom 4 ?

Reaction score
Title says it all

It is still the 500m like the P3 or has it been increased/decreased ? Please tell me is the same or higher!

Thank you

Yes, it's still 500m.

Still 500m on the DJI GO app, but as far as your signal reaches and battery will allow in Litchi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still 500m on the DJI GO app, but as far as your signal reaches and battery will allow in Litchi
You cannot fly higher than 500m in Litchi either. DJI has baked that limitation into the Phantom firmware.

You cannot fly higher than 500m in Litchi either. DJI has baked that limitation into the Phantom firmware.
3655e612522ee04435175edad24bb4fd.jpg

Haven't personally had a chance to test it, but multiple people have confirmed its possible. I may as well be wrong.
When has this firmware limitation began?

That comment is from 10/12/2015 :)

That has always been the limitation. There was a bug in one of the first firmware versions that allowed that limit to be bypassed by doing some unusual things. It was patched a while ago though.

Reactions: PaulJohn
That comment is from 10/12/2015 :)

That has always been the limitation. There was a bug in one of the first firmware versions that allowed that limit to be bypassed by doing some unusual things. It was patched a while ago though.

I'm forgetting 6 months is an eternity in our digital age [emoji6] Oh well, at least we won't be tempted to break the rules!

Still not enough.... 500m AGL yes.... 500m above take off is not enough in many of my flights! One reason I hang onto one of my P2's and another NAZA controlled bird...

When litchi first came out it didn't have any limits but that was changed a couple weeks later when Dji hard coded it into their software.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree it should be 500m agl not above take off.

That would be nice, but difficult to implement. There is currently no way to ensure that local ground elevation data are available to the aircraft, or even to the controller, without a guaranteed internet connection.

Reactions: PaulJohn
You can always set your own equipment to a 100m limit.
I think what neven means is 100m AGL is OK including when you're climbing a mountain 3000' higher than takeoff point. I'd be OK with 100m AGL too if it was unlimited above takeoff point. 1640' from takeoff isn't enough sometimes, even if I'm only 100' AGL all the time. However, sensors can't sense ground level 100m away so there's no way to implement unless the craft always had an internet connection. Maybe someday.

^ what he said :)

I don't think it is too complicated to introduce AGL to Phantom. Google has ASL for most if not all GPS coordinates so downloading map of area to your bird or tablet for offline use is a possible. That way Phantom will be aware of AGL at all times.

Reactions: Slim.Slamma

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj