What is the lightest ND filter?

Re: Why do I have jello?

Get an ND filter such as PolarPro. This topic is covered heavily on RCGroups.com.

Kelly

adanac said:
Flying P2/H3-3D and encountered jello for the first time. It was bright daylight. I normally shoot 1080 60fps - would changing my frame rate reduce jello? I don't get it when it's not so bright out.

are you sure it's jello and not prop shadow? Post a video of it.

Bmews

I am sure it's jello.

BMEWS said:
adanac said:
Flying P2/H3-3D and encountered jello for the first time. It was bright daylight. I normally shoot 1080 60fps - would changing my frame rate reduce jello? I don't get it when it's not so bright out.

are you sure it's jello and not prop shadow? Post a video of it.

Bmews

d4ddyo said:
what's the lightest nd filter out there?

Well how is that off topic. Someone reccomend a ND filter and even brand. I'm looking into their advice but want lighter.

You win - I remember you from another thread - you're just going to tr--l it mercilessly till moderators have to intervene. This thread is now about which ND is the lightest.

d4ddyo said:
d4ddyo said:

Well how is that off topic. Someone reccomend a ND filter and even brand. I'm looking into their advice but want lighter.

adanac said:
You win - I remember you from another thread - you're just going to tr--l it mercilessly till moderators have to intervene. This thread is now about which ND is the lightest.

d4ddyo said:
d4ddyo said:

Oh great. Yeah. Got totally setup by the forum police. Good. Note my name and stfu

adanac said:
Kelly - great to know it's on RC Groups. Since I posted about it here let's discuss. Kindly explain the reason for an ND filter. Thank you!

wkf94025 said:
Get an ND filter such as PolarPro. This topic is covered heavily on RCGroups.com.

Kelly

The ND filter reduces the amount of light the sensor sees, slowing down the shutter rate. The H3-3D topic on rcgroups has pages and pages of discussion on filters, balancing them, and other anti-jello strategies.

Thread on the lightest filter.

It's great something has been discussed on a different, unrelated forum. I have no complaints and may even check it out although we are in this forum now! :) In any case, this thread is no longer about jello but about what filter is the lightest.

wkf94025 said:
adanac said:
Kelly - great to know it's on RC Groups. Since I posted about it here let's discuss. Kindly explain the reason for an ND filter. Thank you!

wkf94025 said:

Kelly

The ND filter reduces the amount of light the sensor sees, slowing down the shutter rate. The H3-3D topic on rcgroups has pages and pages of discussion on filters, balancing them, and other anti-jello strategies.

Re: Thread on the lightest filter.

adanac said:
In any case, this thread is no longer about jello but about what filter is the lightest.

I find the thread discipline / thread wandering a fascinating social phenomenon. On the rcgroups thread on the H3-3D, you will find a complex meld of ND filter / jello / gain settings / etc., that are all in fact highly relevant to the goal of rock solid high quality video.

Regarding thread wandering, I wish Adam and the forum team could take a stronger hand at the helm (corralling similar posts, censoring profanity and personal attacks, etc.), but I recognize that's a full time job for at least one person if not more.

Kelly

adanac said:
This thread started about about jello but one of our forum dum dums decided he wanted it to be about something else. So, this thread is now about the lightest ND filter.

No need to be rude *******. Great... A sarcastic troll with special forum power. Get a life

britchris1 said:
This is the lightest option: http://peauproductions.com/store/index. ... cts_id=683
Fits inside the gopro protective lens cover

This is a close second: http://ragecams.com/shop/filter-lens-gl ... p-622.html

I use the polar pro ND filter, it works great if you use a couple of qtrs to balance out the weight

Yeah. I don't have the patience for counter balance. But .2 is all good considering in using a gopro 3+

The cutouts for the clear Lens protector no distortion ?

The lightest ND filter would be a lighting gel which will give you pretty mediocre results. The next lightest filter will still be pretty mediocre as it will most likely be made of cheap plastic. A more robust ND ideally with a glass lens will be noticeably better. And the counter balance is dead simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj