what is the general consensus as to the rash of failures?

Re: what is the general consensus as to the rash of failures

I have been out with 4 batteries on my P2V+. Hit tree-leaves at approx 2.5 meters AGL. It dropped in long grass, and was unharmed, except green propellers. Had the craft land in longish grass when going in low-bat failsafe from hovering at 3-4 ft. More green on the propellers, but nice landing. And I did one perfect landing on gravel by turning off the controller. Now I am in NAZA-M mode. Has had one coming home, where I took over before landing switching to ATTI mode.

Everything seems to work fine after I stopped using iPhone 4 (too slow I guess, all video lagged). My only issue is the high video compression. And DNGs are not razor sharp (but fine when scaled 50%). Sees the video bitrate as a larger issue.

I don't expect any fly-aways, as I can fly the ting, been flying other quad in manual mode. and I ensure I have the slow blinking green light before takeoff.

Now I land by parking it in the air and grabbing it.

I can't see how flyaways can happen, but I am ready for when they do. Ready to run. Ready to go to ATTI mode and land in spot. But can't really see it happen.

povlhp said:
I ensure I have the slow blinking green light before takeoff.

Slow blinking green in NAZA DOESN'T mean you have home position ready to be stored on takeoff. You must wait for the second set of rapid green flashing, which may come with one red or no red. Slow green in NAZA just means > 6 satellites and in GPS mode. Remember you could have slow yellow, and still have GPS lock. The reds are what indicates number of sats, not the mode lights. One has nothing to do with the other in NAZA mode.

BlackTracer said:
povlhp said:

Slow blinking green in NAZA DOESN'T mean you have home position ready to be stored on takeoff. You must wait for the second set of rapid green flashing, which may come with one red or no red. Slow green in NAZA just means > 6 satellites and in GPS mode. Remember you could have slow yellow, and still have GPS lock. The reds are what indicates number of sats, not the mode lights. One has nothing to do with the other in NAZA mode.
good info thank you

Skipholiday said:
BlackTracer said:
povlhp said:

good info thank you

Maybe it should have a single green light (or similar indication) that ...... as well as actually being visible in sunlight ..... is freakin' placed on 'top' of the thing (gee whod'a thought???) ...... and would 'alone' mean "Ready for Take Off".
You can still have all the other light indications for times that you don't want/need the "Full Monty".

But alas ...... ya gets what ya gets from the Chinese ......... :lol:

Study and understand this chart if you are using NAZA mode.

Attachments

• Naza LED Patterns.jpg
    Naza LED Patterns.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 307

GMANNZ said:
Mine flies perfect ..... so could care less !! ......... especially when forum comments turn into personal battles like this one, you guys are getting as funny as some of the crash videos and flyaway fairy tales. :lol:

No doubt! I burned my finger on the scroll button on this one..... WTF guys!?! I'm so glad {most} people don't behave like this in person.....I sometimes find myself reading & rereading many of my posts, just not to trigger a "micro-managed member" comment or flame-up... but it's the net-world I guess, hard keeping all the AH's away. Now I'm not talking about some innocent fun with someone after a bonehead post. But it's all about being tasteful & not a DH or bully. I always ask myself "would I say this comment in person"? Before making a post. If you can do that, I feel most of these "personal battles", would go away... but thats just me....
Moose

Flyer91 said:
Maybe it should have a single green light (or similar indication) that ...... as well as actually being visible in sunlight ..... is freakin' placed on 'top' of the thing (gee whod'a thought???) ...... and would 'alone' mean "Ready for Take Off".
You can still have all the other light indications for times that you don't want/need the "Full Monty".

But alas ...... ya gets what ya gets from the Chinese ......... :lol:

In fairness, you can see how many sats are locked on your FPV display.

denofr said:
Has anyone noticed that there has been a drastic decline in the number of fly aways and accidents in the last week or so? I'm guessing that people are being more cautious and thus are accumulating more stick time, resulting in fewer accidents, however there's a new wave of newbies coming down the pike so the number should start going up again.

Or in my case, I have had a huge fear of another C.F. "catastrophic failure" since my first Vision-Plus was replaced for free Thank-you DDM , but if it happens again I have to go though "DJI" directly for a non-pilot error C.F. . So I am totally gunshy or droneshy... :( ◆My fall out of the sky C.F. and ◆ fly-a-way weren't pilot error, but unknown & undiagnosed, firmware issues was given by an expert as the probable cause....

★plus the weather here has Amazon jungle humidity until late Oct....no fun flying for me in that weather....

So I guess fear is another reason for the decline..... ;)
Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik