What is the furthest away you have ever flown? (Poll)

What is the furthest you have ever flown?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Enter in the poll!
I know one of these has been made before, but they have both been in the P1/P2 sections, and I was wondering what people have gotten with lightbridge.

Over 3 1/4 miles one way with P4 and Inspire RC unmoded. Open wide area no interference. Not sure in the congested city area.

460967e719cdb70c8c376cf2edbf6b8e.jpg

a16c8b64defbeb9dbdfd3f4f6a855241.jpg

In the city. P3A only windsurfer and 32 channel.

i got 8300 ft and started losing signal right after i modded my p4 remote with an itelite
there were trees all around and i usually only got 3000ft so i am happy
i am going to test it over the sea later today

At The beginning was only making about 1.1 kilometer. (Suburb area, many antennas and housing around it).
Please don't laugh at me: I saw Tom's tech time YouTube vídeo about how to make some paper and metal sheet range extenders, and I got a new record of 2 kilometers! Still could have push it for few more meters, but I chicken out when I realized how far it was:

471f9dbc501b6f42b63a1bd9da9f90fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

30,000' there and back, so 15,000' away. Litchi waypoint mission. I had 30% battery when it got home, and it was a little windy, so I could go a bit further on a no-breeze day.

Edited after yesterday's flights. 1620 feet so far with an unmodified P3S and hilly forested suburban neighborhood with lots of high-end WiFi equipment. That was the 500m limit that I had set in the DJI Go app. I switched that off and I'll try later today (Memorial Day)

I'm going to make a windsurfer and report back.

Last edited:
On this afternoon's flights I did much better now that I disabled the max distance function. Still haven't made a windsurfer, but I got just over 3,000 feet in a suburban forested neighborhood with an unmodified P3S, flying just under 400 feet altitude.

15,557 feet or 4741m (out to sea) no mods P3A

Attachments

• IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 538
18178 Feet one way on an stock P3p. One day I will put the windsurfers on it.. Pretty certain battery will be the limit..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

13,700' with my P4 when I turned around due to battery concern. That was over desert, but I'm hoping to do something similar in a suburban area stock or with windsurfers, which are on their way. Other than the 32 channel hack, which I didn't have on that 2.6 mile run, I won't do any mods other than the windsurfers for distance flying.

Last edited:
Info in sig. 2 miles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav