What is the difference between Fail Save & Go Home?

Im just curious, where exactly is that in the Black Pearl manual?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Yeah that's the iOSD manual :)

In DJI's Wookong flight controller (and maybe the A2 as well), "Go home" is a separate thing from "Failsafe", and the iOSD will display whichever has been triggered when connected to one of those...but I believe the NAZA will only ever display "Failsafe" (or "FS") on the iOSD.

I've yet to turn on Failsafe while flying with my iOSD, but I saw it on another guys monitor at the park the other weekend.
when they were testing theirs out. it as pretty neat.
at first it went into Failsafe, and then it said FS "GHome" as it flew back to the home position
and THEN it even said "FS AutoLand" if I recall.

Failsafe can be set to auto-land in the NAZA as well (without going home) as well.

Gizmo3000 said:
I've yet to turn on Failsafe while flying with my iOSD, but I saw it on another guys monitor at the park the other weekend.
at first it went into Failsafe, and then it said FS "GHome" as it flew back to the home position

Failsafe can be set to auto-land in the NAZA as well (without going home) as well.

That makes sense. Failsafe is a state, and "GHome" is one of the actions possible in that state...the action(s) invoked depend on the setting in the FC.

Slightly of topic but I agree it shows both failsafe and go home.
The reason I know this is I am just in from doing my first test flight with my goggles . I was out practicing in the midday sun and 36c . The sun was badly in my eyes when I was flying about but was really enjoying my test flights and all going well .
So I decided to try out my new goggles but before I pulled them down I decided to increase the height of the phantom to make sure it was well above the palm trees. When I pulled down my goggles it was great I was flying around enjoying the scenery and could still hear it in the distance . I then decided to have a look in the sky where is was and could not find it ! I was able to bearly hear it but no idea where it was. I pulled down the goggles again saw I had 50% battery left but did not have any idea how to bring it back with the controller . So instead of messing about I hit the failsafe switch . I noticed on my screen that after a few seconds both failsafe and go home came on . Needless to say I was pleased to hear the sound getting louder and soon when I looked up I could see it coming home a lot higher than I thought it would be the sweat was really in my eyes I was really impressed the way it all worked and cant wait to charge up my two batteries again .
:D

Gizmo3000 said:

Was that because the Phantom lost control or the pilot turned of the controller, or does that matter as it is the same thing just different circumstances?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj