What is the correct location for the phone/tablet arm?

Reaction score
After getting my P3 Standard a few weeks ago, I really wanted to use an iPad Mini rather than my iPhone 6 so I ordered a tablet holder off of eBay that was supposed to allow this.
When it came, it soon became clear that it wouldn't actually fit with enough room for the aerial and to operate the buttons no matter how I tried to position the thing.
But that let me thinking about what is the "correct" position for the holder arm? The writing on the control clearly state not to block either side of the aerial and yet the arm has to go somewhere.
One good thing about my eBay order was that it came with an aluminium arm which is definitely less wobbly than the original plastic one.
But again, is there any evidence that having an aluminium arm blocks any more signal than a plastic one?

99c9f7c2ca16813db2142772c92f9fa7.jpg

7e352bc023ddf0f99efcf5f9b4f48843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

is there any evidence that having an aluminium arm blocks any more signal than a plastic one?
It should be fine. The P2V+ uses a mount with a metal arm too. I never experienced any signal issues with my P2V+.

If you want to install a true tablet holder, you can install the Inspire 1/P4 holder like this. Or, check out this thread for some options that do not involved modding the remote controller.

you need this
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

Thanks guys. I don't really want to muck about with the controller, so for the time being, I'm going with the old sticky phone holder mount on the back of the ipad and using the standard clip. Seems to be quite a good alternative solution.

That looks good flpholt, but I don't think it will fit with the standard aerial position.

yes it does had it on before I did the antenna mod plus no drilling

Lucky your is a metal arm, got mine in today and it is plastic...was plastic came broken, just ordered a metal one ugh, thanks dji.

Here's what I did tilting the mount arm towards the center and using a sticky mount. I like being able to use my Nexus7 keeping it in the case cover. I don't think it blocks the antenna inside much.... Works for me.

IMG_2785.JPG IMG_2786.JPG IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2788.JPG IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2792.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic