What is the best SD Card to use in the vision.

Reaction score
If this has been asked before I apologize, but I cannot find it on the forum.

Is there a perfered brand/model of SD card for the vision? Are there any advantages or disadvantages on the size of the "SD card"?

(besides the obvious, smaller cards have less space...lol. I saw that one 'coming' and notice I qualified my second sentence with SD card) :D

but seriously...

PhantomDave said:

Is there a perfered brand/model of SD card for the vision? Are there any advantages or disadvantages on the size of the "SD card"?

(besides the obvious, smaller cards have less space...lol. I saw that one 'coming' and notice I qualified my second sentence with SD card) :D

but seriously...

Am using ScanDisk 32GB micro SDHC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I in my P2v..... never had an issue with anything to do with video or still recording ... just saw they do a 64 GB as well same spec ....

•Highest Full HD video recording performance available with class 10 rating
•Ideal for Android and other smartphones and tablets
•UHS-1 enabled
•Perfect choice for Android smartphones and tablets
•Faster app performance with transfer speeds up to 30MB/s
•2x the speed of typical microSD cards for advanced photo capture
•Water-proof, temperature proof, X-ray proof, shock proof±

GMANNZ said:
PhantomDave said:

but seriously...

Am using ScanDisk 32GB micro SDHC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I in my P2v..... never had an issue with anything to do with video or still recording ... just saw they do a 64 GB as well same spec ....

•UHS-1 enabled

+1 I have exactly the sam SD... Works perfect...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
GMANNZ said:
PhantomDave said:

but seriously...

•UHS-1 enabled

+1 I have exactly the sam SD... Works perfect...

-slinger

Maximum supported Micro-SD card capacity is 32GB
Just trying to save you some $'s
Cheers Glen.

GMANNZ said:
PhantomDave said:

but seriously...

•UHS-1 enabled

Thanks for the help. Just ordered one. Gotta love Amazon

No harm meant, but why would you want or need to use a 32gb card?

Unless you had plans to rarely remove the pic's and video from it, then a 32gb would be the better option. If that's the reason just keep in mind what to expect if you lose it, crash into water, ect. I pull my pic's and video from it's card after each use and format the card. Now on my smartphone I use a 32gb cause I tend to never remove any of what's loaded. Plus I like to put all non important apps on it as well rather then having them stored on the phones memory.

I've ordered another one of those 32GB sandisk micro sd cards, with sdhc adapter. I've already got 3 of them for various cameras and tablets, they are great. 32GB would allow you to record much content in the field without replacing it, like 1 hour of HD recording is 5GB or so. However another benefit might be their write speed, I'm not sure what the write speed is on the default card, but those RAW files take quite a while to save!

I bought the SanDisk 32gb card too, and because a). I can use it in my phone as well as the P2V, and b). the price difference between it and a 16gb is negligible these days.
As camera specs continue to improve over time, (like maybe we'll get to record in an uncompressed format one day soon). you'll need that larger card capacity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4