What is the best mod to increase range

Reaction score
I am looking to mod my controller to increase range but many to improve my video feed. My video seems to lag a lot and it's killing me. I just want to be able to fly and not worry about it lagging thank you for any help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Drone Ops Video.
that was fast

/thread

This is a picture from a flight today
bc9b35bac0bf26f38bbaae5ce38c57d7.jpg

So I was on the beach not really any building or anything running wifi to interfere. If I fly in my neighborhood I get about 1500ft a lot of interference just around my house I pick up 6 different routers

This is a picture from a flight today
bc9b35bac0bf26f38bbaae5ce38c57d7.jpg

So I was on the beach not really any building or anything running wifi to interfere. If I fly in my neighborhood I get about 1500ft a lot of interference just around my house I pick up 6 different routers

I do know if you fly in populated areas, you're going to get a lot more issues from; power poles, hundreds of wireless networks etc.

you need to comb this thread and I would imagine you're going to end up with something like this;

img_1385-jpg.49783

Reactions: longdog
Is that yours??

nah thats SZNJ732 from post #114 from that distance thread from nearly a year ago, so I would imagine there have been some updates to how real distance guys are doing things.

my remote currently has a sonicwall antenna coming out of it being held in with a binderclip....

o_O

ECA0AD09-E1C5-4658-AD4C-CB246F349B6B_zpsnk8a7qnw.jpg

results were; meh

Reactions: Neon Euc
Ya that set up is pretty intense. I will be doing some more research but seems like the bds is the way to go

That's probably where I'll eventually end up as well.

It's hard to keep convincing the wife that I need all of these things....

:D

Ha I know what you mean this is my second hobby my first is my Jeep and boy it's hard getting parts for it with out the wife knowing got to get them shipped to a friends address lol

yeah.... I know all about that. I've owned this money pit for 24 years

jeep2_zpsacxz0yxy.jpg

Im doing an axle upgrade next year and hopefully fuel injection... but probably not heh

Reactions: MrTommy
Sweet very nice Jeep love the classic renegade. Thank you for your help with everything

She was my first car when I was 15... still got her. Just put new seats in last month.

hell, I've been here a whole week. I gotta contribute a little, right?

OP wants to improve his video feed ............. which actually is the Internal antenna of the Standard controller. The external antenna is the Flight Control.

I too wish to improve my Video feed as it breaks down at about 100m on average. Lag and screen quality is down to what size memory is free on the display unit usually and what processor ....

I have used the Windsurfer - but that only improves Flight Control distance with nothing for Video. I now have Argtek on order and will be fitted when I get home. I basically jotted down all I could find online and did a Pros Cons assessment against pricing. I thought about DBS ... but that has some negative reviews as well like all others ... so who knows which is best ?

I think at end of day - it will come down to personal style of use and where.

Nigel

That's probably where I'll eventually end up as well.

It's hard to keep convincing the wife that I need all of these things....

:D
Ask her what's better, a Phantom or another woman ?? LOL

Reactions: len750
OP wants to improve his video feed ............. which actually is the Internal antenna of the Standard controller. The external antenna is the Flight Control.

I too wish to improve my Video feed as it breaks down at about 100m on average. Lag and screen quality is down to what size memory is free on the display unit usually and what processor ....

I have used the Windsurfer - but that only improves Flight Control distance with nothing for Video. I now have Argtek on order and will be fitted when I get home. I basically jotted down all I could find online and did a Pros Cons assessment against pricing. I thought about DBS ... but that has some negative reviews as well like all others ... so who knows which is best ?

I think at end of day - it will come down to personal style of use and where.

Nigel
I have found that the ARGtek has some mixed review and the DBS is like 90% positive. I went from 1000m stock to 2500m with the DBS before I added the amps.

yeah.... I know all about that. I've owned this money pit for 24 years

jeep2_zpsacxz0yxy.jpg

Im doing an axle upgrade next year and hopefully fuel injection... but probably not heh
Here's my other passion, not as cool as yours.
IMAG0045.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers