What is the best large screened Android device for Phantom 3 and DJI GO?

So what is the best, large screened, Android device that works best for the Phantom 3 and DJI GO or Litchi?

Google Nexus 9 ‑ Wi‑Fi ‑ 32 GB ‑ 8.9" ‑ Indigo Black

Can you comment on the S2 lag if any as it compares to your wife's AIR 2 and also how is the S2 screen outdoors? Is it legible?
well its very close to the air the really worrisome thing is the app crash on the S2 besides that it runs great.

Nvidia Shield is rock solid in performance, but it's a piece of crap with it's glary screen. Without a big hood and anti-glare screen, it is unusable on a nice Sunny day.

I also would't call 8 inches a big screen. 9-10 inches is big. That 1-2 extra inches make a huge difference.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442688250.061281.jpg

I agree, but I recently found this app and used it with a sunhood and it was so much brighter and better then without it. You will notice the difference on bright days. I recommend all Nvidia Shield Tablet owners to try this app.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Nvidia Shield is rock solid in performance, but it's a piece of crap with it's glary screen. Without a big hood and anti-glare screen, it is unusable on a nice Sunny day.

I also would't call 8 inches a big screen. 9-10 inches is big. That 1-2 extra inches make a huge difference.
I asked several women and they agree 2 inches does make a big difference!

Finally got the weather to test fly my Tab S2 9.7. Tested both Go and Litchi, with no extraordinary mods to the base AT&T Tab S2 op system. No lag on either close in, only minor lag (1/2 sec or less) at extreme range (1 mile plus). 1 crash on Go, no issues on Litchi. I compared a multitude of specs before purchase. Shield should have slightly better video processing, but octa core and 3 GB RAM on S2 put the processing power over the top in test after test compared to quad core nexus and shield. S2 not bad in bright Florida sun with just a matte screen protector.

View attachment 31205

I agree, but I recently found this app and used it with a sunhood and it was so much brighter and better then without it. You will notice the difference on bright days. I recommend all Nvidia Shield Tablet owners to try this app.
I used this app today with my shield. Major improvement. Thanks for the suggestion

Is yours WiFi or LTE? If LTE, which carrier? Have you used any of the techniques to rollback and/or disable any of the Samsung installed apps?

WiFi disabled all apps also put it in flight mode. I did not roll back the app version not sure if it would cause problems with DJI GO app 1.4. I also wanted to downgrade firmware on P3P I remember reading a thread about a version where the HDMI signal was solid. The downgrade firmware does not work I am unable to downgrade, if I put a the firmware on the sd and power up nothing happens. I then view the log file reports currently installed version but nothing about the version on the sd. I am very upset I think they should work I paid a lot of money for this device.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4