What is the best choice motor replacement? T-motor,

Reaction score
Hello.. I have been readi g around and see tha people say the original motor are bad? So what is the best choice for replacement,
Just had 20 flights with my phanthom..

yes seen this one. Have the red 2212/920kv motors better bearing than the original ? i have 10 thumbs :mrgreen:

Kahona said:
ceramic bearing might be the **** ??

When I did the teardown on one of my motors, I made sure I had replacement parts ready just in case. I did purchase the ceramic one's off eBay and they seem to work fine. Just did one motor so far, going to see how they hold up before doing the others.

I'd agree with these guys that the motors might be fine, just the bearings that need to be looked after. Well worth getting a set of bearings as a 'just in case' for now and replacing where needed.
T-motor anti-gravity seem to have really good press at the moment but given the infancy of the Phantom (and the massive sales it seems to have generated) I'm sure other options will soon be available.

I replaced bearings for the first time today (maybe 20 flights like you. They were £10 for 10 bearings. Safe to say I will be getting some lube for them now to see if that works... if not they will be swapped but not for the Flamewheel 2212s.... without solid proof I can only imagine a large manufacturer will use the same bearings both as it just makes no economic sense not to.

I have installed the T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors, and really like them a lot.
they do have just a little bit more performance, and seem to be smoother as well.
They are spendy, but worth it in my opinion, as I had a stock motor go out after only 1 hour flight time.
It wasn't just a bearing problem either, the windings were loose and sloppy. Probably a new employee, or the night shift.

I'm on flight #70 and I'm still running my stock motors without any issues. I did purchase the lubrication for the bearings and a couple of drops on the bearings every so often and my motors are still running great in my opinion.
Sometimes what some may think a crappy motors are basically folks that have not balanced their props. Just make sure you check your props every so often. I have found that even though you have balanced your props once, they will need some slight balancing later on.

I guess it also depends on what load you are flying with, and how you fly, (and land) Ordered ceramic bearing, and a prop balancer on my stock motor, and hoping for the best

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik