What is that?

Reaction score
So I took some video over the weekend and uploaded it to YouTube. When I got to work this morning I decided to show a co-worker and actually let it play from start to finish. I noticed, at 1:40, there was something that popped into the top right corner of the screen. People at work think its a seagull. To me it looks too man made to be a seagull. The lines on that gray part looked too straight. But....everything on my P4 is intact and honestly it doesn't look like anything from my drone. So....here I am.

I am rather proud of the video so you can subscribe/like or whatever but honestly....we have a mystery to solve! It pops up at 1:40.

UFP.jpg
It looks like part of your landing gear or something. As the aircraft is turning (especially when the camera is facing down) your landing gear will come into frame. When you yaw (left stick) the camera leads the turn ever so slighting to make the video smoother.

You can test this with the aircraft on the ground and motors NOT turning... cycle the left stick back and forth and watch your camera every so slightly turn to "lead" into it.

Edit - Looking closer it doesn't look like the "standard" landing gear or parts of the Phantom4 but it's definitely part of your aircraft I just can't figure out exactly what it is.

Last edited:
It is! I forgot all about the landing gear I just bought. Wow I feel kinda stupid lol.

It is! I forgot all about the landing gear I just bought. Wow I feel kinda stupid lol.

LOL!! Now we know :) I was comparing it to "factory" landing gear and could not find a match in any way.

LOL!! Now we know :) I was comparing it to "factory" landing gear and could not find a match in any way.

I just got the landing gear from Polar Pro. And this was the first weekend I used it. Honestly if this is going to happen often I might stop using them.

If you make your turns and side flying softer it may eliminate this but if the landing gear are significantly longer and the camera is pointing down more you'll see more in the frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20